Maps & Posters:
- 1971 – 1973: United Bus Company Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bukit Merah Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced as Service 170 between Queen Street and Johor Bahru, operated United Bus Company, replacing former Green Bus Company routes between Singapore and Johor.
- 1985 (13 Oct): Amended to relocated Queen St Ter along Ban San St.
- 1996 (01 Jan): Amended to Larkin Bus Terminal
- 2000 (03 Sep): Split into blue plate (Kranji Station – Kota Raya II Terminal) and red plate (Queen Street Terminal – Larkin Terminal), with both variants operating on a daily basis.
- 2003 (10 Nov): Service 170 amended Jln Lingkaran Dalam (express) towards Larkin Ter, skips bus stops at Komtar Shopping Ctr & KTM Railway Stn.
- 2011 (Aug): Retiring Volvo B10M Mark IIIs replaced with Volvo B10M Mark IVs (DM3500 and Strider)
- 2014 (30 Mar): Full fleet of Scania K230UBs to replace Volvo B10M MkIVs
- 2014 (Oct): Reappearance of Shortworking Trip 170A, operating from Queen Street Ter to Woodlands Centre Rd (Opp Block 1) at selected times of day (common on Sundays and Public Holidays). No mention of this shortworking trip on any Public Transport Operator website.
- 2014 (01 Nov): Service 170X Amended to loop at Jalan Tun Abdul Razak due to the permanent closure of Kotaraya II Terminal
- 2015 (01 Mar): Reopening and relocation of a pair of bus stops along Upp Bt Timah Rd; Aft Cashew Rd & Bef Cashew Rd respectively. Service 170X Amended to loop at JB Sentral Terminal, skipping the bus stop along Jln Tun Abdul Razak
- 2015 (27 Dec): Official introduction of Shortworking Trip 170A with enhanced operating hours and terminating at Woodlands Train Checkpoint
- 2016 (11 Dec): Serves new Bus Stop 43991, Opp Blk 635A, along Woodlands Road
- 2017 (28 May): Calls at relocated bus stop 47071 Bef Mandai Rd and no longer calls at bus stop 45081 Opp Mandai Rd along Woodlands Rd.
- 2017 (21 Aug): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (10 Jun): Calls at a new bus stop along Woodlands Road (44999 Bef Yew Tee Flyover)
- 2018 (28 Oct): Calls at temporary co-sharing bus stop 40031 Newton FC along Bukit Timah Rd
- 2018 (18 Nov): Start of operations under Bukit Merah Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- 2019 (24 Feb): Calls at reinstated bus stop 40021 – Bef Winstedt Rd along Bukit Timah Rd
- Refer to this article
- 170: Amended to present routing in 1996; No significant route changes since 1996.
- 170X: Amended to present routing in 2014; No significant route changes since 2014.
Pages: 1 2