SMRT Express Bus Service 188e is an AM-Peak uni-directional limited-stop express route of Service 188, operating from Choa Chu Kang Interchange to HarbourFront Interchange, passing through Choa Chu Kang Way, Bukit Gombak, Bukit Batok, Toh Guan, AYE, Clementi Road and Pasir Panjang.
||Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange → HarbourFront Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Choa Chu Kang Way, Bukit Gombak, Bukit Batok, Toh Guan, AYE, Clementi Rd, Pasir Panjang|
|Route Length||22.0 km|
|Travelling Time||65 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang
||0708hrs – 0723hrs (Weekdays, Except Public Holidays)|
Introduced on 25th June 2007, Service 188e links the residential estates of Choa Chu Kang, Bukit Batok, Jurong East and Clementi (bus stop at Blk 431 only) with the National University of Singapore (NUS), and various industries and offices at Pasir Panjang and HarbourFront. Operating during the morning peak hours, this service charges express fares.
This limited-stop service only calls at selected bus stops along the route of its parent Service 188 and will travel alternative routes along two sections – after Toh Guan Road, the bus will travel along the AYE instead of Boon Lay Way, and after Clementi Road, it will ply along West Coast Highway instead of Pasir Panjang Road. Two trips are operated on weekday mornings.
Service 188e is one of three peak-hour express services introduced by SMRT between 2006 and 2007, which duplicate their parent service and improve travel times by only calling at bus stops with higher commuter traffic. The other two express services are 854e and 963e.
Fare: Charges express distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- Weekdays from Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange: 0708hrs & 0723hrs
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- NS4BP1 Choa Chu Kang
- BP2 South View
- BP3 Keat Hong
- CC26 Pasir Panjang
- CC27 Labrador Park
- NE1CC29 Harbourfront
- SMRT Bus Service 188
Choa Chu Kang Interchange ↔ HarbourFront Interchange
- SMRT Express Service 188R
Choa Chu Kang Interchange ↔ Resorts World Sentosa
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays
- 2007 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 2007 (25 Jun): Introduced as a unidirectional peak hour service to provide commuters with a faster link from Choa Chu Kang to HarbourFront Int. Departs Choa Chu Kang Interchange between 7.08am to 7.23am. Charges Express fares and concessionary travel is not applicable.
- 2015 (22 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (13 Aug): Renumbered to Express 188e from Express 188E
- 2018 (16 Dec): Calls at relocated Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange.
- 2020 (15 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- Refer to this article
- 2007: No significant route changes since 2007.