SMRT Express Bus Service 188e is a Morning Peak uni-directional limited-stop express route of Service 188, operating from Choa Chu Kang Interchange to HarbourFront Interchange, passing through Choa Chu Kang Way, Bukit Batok, Toh Guan, AYE, Clementi Road and Pasir Panjang.
→ HarbourFront Int
|Route||Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange → HarbourFront Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Choa Chu Kang Way, Bt Batok West Ave 2, Toh Guan Rd, Clementi Rd, Pasir Panjang Rd|
|Route Length||22.0 km|
|Travelling Time||70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang–Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)
Buses park at: Woodlands Bus Park
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|07:08 – 07:23|
|From Choa Chu Kang
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
Express 188e links the residential estates of Choa Chu Kang, Bukit Batok, Jurong East with the National University of Singapore (NUS), and various industries and offices at Pasir Panjang and HarbourFront. Operating during the morning peak hours, this service charges express fares.
This limited-stop service only calls at selected bus stops along the route of its parent Service 188 and will travel alternative routes along two sections – after Toh Guan Road, the bus will travel along the AYE instead of Boon Lay Way, and after Clementi Road, it will ply along West Coast Highway instead of Pasir Panjang Road. Two trips are operated on weekday mornings. In addition, it skips stops along Bukit Batok Road, Bukit Batok West Ave 5, Pasir Panjang Road and Telok Blangah Road.
Service 188e is one of three peak-hour express services introduced by SMRT between 2006 and 2007, which duplicate their parent service and improve travel times by only calling at bus stops with higher commuter traffic. The other two express services are 854e and 963e.
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- NS4BP1 Choa Chu Kang
- BP2 South View
- BP3 Keat Hong
- CC26 Pasir Panjang
- CC27 Labrador Park
- NE1CC29 HarbourFront
Weekdays, except Public Holidays
- From Choa Chu Kang Int: 07:08 & 07:23
- Bus Service 188: Choa Chu Kang Int ↔ HarbourFront Int
- 2007 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang–Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 2007 (25 Jun): Introduced from Choa Chu Kang Int to HarbourFront Int as a peak hour one-directional service during weekday mornings, numbered Service 188E
- 2015 (22 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (13 Aug): Renumbered to Express 188e from Express 188E
- 2018 (16 Dec): Amended to relocated Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange.
- 2020 (15 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.