SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 261 is a Feeder service running between Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange and Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10, passing through Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 and Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1.
||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↺ Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, Ang Mo Kio Ind Pk 1
|Route Length||4.8 km|
|Travelling Time||25 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio
||0510hrs – 0105hrs (Daily)|
|0630 – 0830: 04 – 05 mins
0831 – 1659: 05 – 07 mins
1700 – 1900: 04 – 06 mins
After 1900: 05 – 09 mins
Feeder Service 261 is a short feeder route serving residents and schools at Ang Mo Kio Neighborhood 4 (along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10) with connections to Ang Mo Kio Town Centre, and also provides connections to and from Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1.
The service benefits from demand from both residential estates and the industrial estate in opposite directions during peak hours, making the route highly efficient in terms of fleet usage over distance.
During Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve & Chinese New Year’s Eve, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Ang Mo Kio MRT Station, operating hours for Service 261 will be extended from Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange. Exact last bus hours are announced by SBS Transit closer to these dates.
MRT Station Served:
- NS16 Ang Mo Kio
Fare: Fares for Feeder Services are capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares.
- 1970s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1978 (11 Jan): Introduced by SBS as Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 – Ang Mo Kio St 24/22 (Loop)
- 1979 (19 Mar): Amended to loop at Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1
- 1980 (06 Jan): Amended to terminate at Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (Roadside Ter)
- 1981 (05 Jul): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Ter at AMK Central 2, skipping Ang Mo Kio St 22.
- 1981 (12 Jul): New route as Ang Mo Kio Ind Pk 1 – Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 & St 22 (Loop),
- 1981 (10 Aug): Amended back to AMK Ave 3 Ter – AMK Industrial Park 1 (Loop), following withdrawal of Service 264
- 1983 (10 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Int
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int at Ang Mo Kio Ctrl 2
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to air-conditioned Ang Mo Kio Int
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (Dec): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- 2018 (11 Mar): Start of operations under Seletar Bus Package (Tendered Contract)