SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 261 is a Feeder service running between Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange and Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10, passing through Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 and Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1.
|Route||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↺ Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, Ang Mo Kio Ind Pk 1|
|Route Length||4.8 km|
|Travelling Time||25 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio
|05:10 – 01:05|
|Weekdays||3 – 5 mins||5 – 7 mins||4 – 7 mins||5 – 9 mins|
|Saturdays||8 – 9 mins||8 – 12 mins||9 – 10 mins||8 – 11 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||9 mins||7 – 10 mins||8 – 10 mins||7 – 10 mins|
|Fare||Charges distance fares capped at 3.2km for feeder services.
Feeder Service 261 is a short feeder route serving residents and schools at Ang Mo Kio Neighborhood 4 (along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10) with connections to Ang Mo Kio Town Centre, and also provides connections to and from Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1.
The service benefits from demand from both residential estates and the industrial estate in opposite directions during peak hours, making the route highly efficient in terms of fleet usage over distance.
During Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve & Chinese New Year’s Eve, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Ang Mo Kio MRT Station, operating hours for Service 261 will be extended from Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange. Exact last bus hours are announced by SBS Transit closer to these dates.
MRT Station Served:
- NS16 Ang Mo Kio
- 1978 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1978 (27 Jul): Introduced between Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 Ter and Ang Mo Kio St 43 (Loop)
- 1979 (19 Mar): Amended to loop at Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1
- 1980 (06 Jan): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 Ter
- 1981 (05 Jul): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Central 2 Ter, skipping Ang Mo Kio St 22
- 1981 (12 Jul): Amended to start from Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1 Ter and loop at Ang Mo Kio St 22
- 1983 (10 Apr): Amended to start from Ang Mo Kio Int and loop at Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int
- 2005 (19 Jan): Serves additional pair of bus stops outside Jubilee and opposite Blk 710 along Ang Mo Kio Ave 8
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Integrated Transport Hub
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2018 (11 Mar): Start of operations under Seletar Bus Package (Tendered Contract)