Go-Ahead Bus Service 34 is a trunk route running from Punggol and looping at Changi Airport, going via Tampines. It has an express sector between Punggol Road and Tampines Ave 10, and between Tampines Ave 7 and Changi Airport along the Tampines Expressway (TPE). It serves Terminals 3, 1, 2 & 4 in order at Changi Airport.
Short Trip Service 34B between Tampines Avenue 10 and Changi Airport (Loop) commences from 25 March 2019.
||Punggol Bus Interchange ↺ Changi Airport PTB2 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||TPE, Tampines Ave 10 / 5 / 2 / 7|
|Route Length||40.9 km|
|Travelling Time||120 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore (Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Punggol
||0530hrs – 2345hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Changi Airport T1
||0600hrs – 0048hrs (Weekdays)
0602hrs – 0037hrs (Saturdays)
0617hrs – 0040hrs (Sundays/PHs)
|0630 – 0830: 04 – 09 mins
0831 – 1659: 05 – 14 mins
1700 – 1900: 09 – 13 mins
After 1900: 12 – 14 mins
Service 34 is an inter-town route serving between Punggol, Tampines and Changi Airport. As the only route spanning Tampines East and West (excluding Townlinks) and few duplicating routes, this service is also important route for travelling within the estate. From Tampines Central, Service 27 serves as a much faster alternative to Changi Airport by skipping Tampines East.
With strong demand between Punggol and Tampines Central, Short-Trip Service 34A plies the sector during the morning peak hours and empty buses are added to the route from Tampines Central towards Punggol during evening peak hours.
As part of the DTL3 Bus Service Enhancements, Service 34 calls at a new pair of bus stops along Tampines Ave 2, at Tampines East MRT Station from 21 Oct 2017.
Service 34 serves Changi Airport Terminals 3, 1, 2 & 4 in order.
Changi Airport Passenger Terminal Buildings (PTBs) 1, 2 and 3 have their bus stops integrated into their basement levels, which also serves as a cargo loading and unloading bay. Security checks for any unattended or suspicious articles are carried out before a bus enters Terminals 1, 2 and 3. Bus Captains may take a short toilet break at Terminal 2. Because of height restrictions, double-decker buses are unable to enter Changi Airport basement.
Occasionally when Changi Airport basement is closed, buses will be diverted to to T1/T2/T3 Departure Drive where a temporary bus stop will be set up.
Announcements for passengers to inform the Bus Captain if they see any suspicious person or article are played on board public buses at Changi Airport as well.
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- Tampines Ave 10 (Aft TPE) → Changi Airport → Punggol Int
Weekdays: 0525hrs, 0534hrs
- Tampines Ave 5 (Opp Our Tampines Hub) → Changi Airport → Punggol Int
- Airport Blvd (Airport Police Stn) → Changi Airport → Punggol Int
- Tampines Avenue 5 (Our Tampines Hub) → Punggol Int
Weekdays PM Peak hours
Short Trip Services
- Service 34A: Punggol Int → Tampines Avenue 5 (Opp Our Tampines Hub)
Weekdays except Public Holidays, 0546hrs – 1002hrs. Frequency: 18 – 44 mins
- Service 34B: Tampines Avenue 10 (Aft TPE) → Tampines Avenue 10 (Bef TPE) via Changi Airport
Weekdays except Public Holidays, Morning & Evening Peak Hours
Fare: Charges basic distance fares for Trunk Services. See Bus Fares.
Gallery: (SBS Transit)
- 31 Jul 2005 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2005 (31 Jul): Introduced between Punggol Temp Int & Changi Airport PTB1 & 2.
- 2007 (11 Nov): Amended to serve Changi Airport PTB3
- 2009 (20 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (09 Jan): Converted to loop service
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (24 Aug): Calls at Tampines Expressway (Punggol Road) Bus Interchange
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- 2017 (21 Oct): Calls a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station.
- 2017 (22 Oct): Extended to serve Changi Airport PTB4
- 2019 (25 Mar): Short Trip Service 34B introduced
- Refer to this article
- 2005: No significant route changes since 2005 introduction.