SBS Transit Express 502A is an Express service running from Soon Lee Bus Park to Central Boulevard, passing through Jurong West, PIE and Orchard. It is a morning peak hour route variant of Express 502.
→ Downtown Stn Exit E
- No Boarding at Soon Lee Bus Park
|Route||Soon Lee Bus Park → Central Boulevard (Downtown Stn Exit E)|
|Passes Through||Pioneer Rd North, Jurong West St 75, Jurong West St 64, Boon Lay Ave, Orchard Rd, Bras Basah Rd, Temasek Blvd, Bayfront Ave|
|Route Length||31.3 km|
|Travelling Time||84 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Soon Lee Bus Pk
||Weekdays (except Public Holidays)|
|07:16 – 07:56|
|From Soon Lee Bus Pk||20 mins|
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
Express Service 502A is a route variant of Express 502, connecting residential estates around Jurong West with the City areas, such as Orchard, Bras Basah, Marina Centre and Bayfront. It incorporates an express sector from Jurong West Avenue 2 to Orchard Road via PIE, Stevens Road and Orange Grove Road. Three trips are operated on weekday mornings, except public holidays.
The express service offers city-bound commuters at Jurong West with an alternative to the rail network. By skipping Jurong East, Express 502A offers faster travel time to the City. This is also the only bus service to pass through Anderson Road and Orange Grove Road.
No boarding is allowed at Soon Lee Depot.
MRT Stations Served
- NS22TE14 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- DT21 Bencoolen
- CC2 Bras Basah
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
- CE1DT16 Bayfront
- NS27CE2TE20 Marina Bay
- DT17 Downtown
Weekdays (except Public Holidays)
- From Soon Lee Bus Park: 07:16, 07:36 & 07:56
- Express 502: Soon Lee Bus Depot ↺ Central Boulevard
- 2005 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
SMRT Buses will operate this service as the awarded operator for the Jurong West Bus Package in September 2024.
- 2005 (26 Dec): Introduced between Pioneer Rd North (Opp Blk 653B) and Temasek Ave (Loop) as a peak hour variant of Service 502 on weekdays, skipping Jurong West Ave 1, Jurong East Ave 1, Toh Guan Rd and Boon Lay Way
- 2006 (18 Jun): Serves new pair of bus stops outside Blk 683A and outside Blk 691A CP along Jurong West Central 1
- 2006 (29 Oct): Serves relocated bus stop outside Orchard Stn along Orchard Turn
- 2008 (15 Jun): Serves new pair of bus stops outside Blk 670A and outside Blk 678D along Jurong West St 64
- 2009 (23 Feb): Extended to Soon Lee Bus Park
- 2010 (26 Apr): Amended to terminate at Marina Station Rd (Marina Bay Stn) and revised to operate during weekday morning peak hours only
- 2012 (14 Jan): Serves reinstated bus stop outside Marina Bay Stn along Marina St
- 2012 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (29 Dec): Amended to terminate at Central Blvd (Downtown Stn) with the opening of MCE
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.