SBS Transit Express 502A is an Express service running from Soon Lee Bus Park to Central Boulevard, passing through Jurong West, PIE and Orchard. It is a morning peak hour route variant of Express 502.
- No Boarding at Soon Lee Bus Park
||Soon Lee Bus Park → Central Boulevard (Downtown Station)|
|Passes Through||Jurong West St 75, Boon Lay Ave, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Suntec, Bayfront, Marina Bay|
|Route Length||31.3 km|
|Travelling Time||84 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Soon Lee Bus Depot
||0716hrs – 0756hrs (Weekdays except Public Holidays)|
Express service 502A is a route variant of Express 502, plies from the residential estate of Jurong West to the city areas, such as Orchard, Marina Centre and Bayfront. It incorporates a express sector from Jurong West Avenue 2 to Orchard Road via PIE, Stevens Road and Orange Grove Road.
502A offers an alternative route for passengers at Jurong West heading to the city. By skipping Jurong East, travel time and overcrowding is reduced. This is also the only service to pass through Anderson Road and Orange Grove Road. Three trips are operated on weekday mornings.
Buses may ply alternative routes along the Express sector subject to traffic conditions. No boarding is allowed at Soon Lee Depot.
- From Soon Lee Bus Park: 0716hrs, 0736hrs, 0756hrs
MRT Stations Served
- NS22 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- DT21 Bencoolen
- CC2 Bras Basah
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
- CE1DT16 Bayfront
- NS27CE2 Marina Bay
- DT17 Downtown
- SBS Transit Express 502: Soon Lee Bus Depot ↺ Central Boulevard
- 2005 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 2005 (26 Dec): Introduced as a peak hour route variant, during peak hours.
- 2008 (15 Jun): Calls at an additional pair of bus stops along Jurong West St 64.
- 2009 (23 Feb): Calls at additional bus stops along Soon Lee Road and Pioneer Road North.
- 2010 (26 Apr): Extended to Bayfront and Marina Bay, skipping Raffles Avenue and Penang Road
- 2012 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (29 Dec): Post-MCE route amendments: Diverted to Central Blvd, terminates at 03529 Central Blvd (Downtown Stn)
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: Bus stop 03539 along Central Blvd relocated
- Refer to this article
- 2013: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2013.
External Links & References: