SBS Transit Express 502A is an Express service running from Soon Lee Bus Park to Central Boulevard, passing through Jurong West, PIE and Orchard. It is a morning peak hour route variant of Express 502.
Note: No Boarding at Soon Lee Bus Park
||Soon Lee Bus Park → Central Boulevard (Downtown Stn)|
|Passes Through||Jurong West St 75, Boon Lay Ave, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Suntec, Bayfront, Marina Bay|
|Route Length||31.3 km|
|Travelling Time||84 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Soon Lee Bus Depot
||0716hrs, 0736hrs, 0756hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
Express Service 502A is a route variant of Express 502, connecting residential estates around Jurong West with the City areas, such as Orchard, Bras Basah, Marina Centre and Bayfront. It incorporates an express sector from Jurong West Avenue 2 to Orchard Road via PIE, Stevens Road and Orange Grove Road. Three trips are operated on weekday mornings, except public holidays.
The express service offers city-bound commuters at Jurong West with an alternative to the rail network. By skipping Jurong East, Express 502A offers faster travel time to the City. This is also the only bus service to pass through Anderson Road and Orange Grove Road.
Buses may ply alternative routes along the Express sector subject to traffic conditions. No boarding is allowed at Soon Lee Depot.
During Express 502A’s operating hours, Express 502 will not be operated between Soon Lee Bus Park and Boon Lay Ave (Opp Blk 213); the entirety of Service 502A’s Jurong West catchment. Service 502 will continue to operate from Jurong West Ave 1 (Blk 538) towards the City with special departures, covering the Jurong East sector.
- From Soon Lee Bus Park: 0716hrs, 0736hrs, 0756hrs
MRT Stations Served
- NS22 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- DT21 Bencoolen
- CC2 Bras Basah
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
- CE1DT16 Bayfront
- NS27CE2 Marina Bay
- DT17 Downtown
- SBS Transit Express 502: Soon Lee Bus Depot ↺ Central Boulevard
Fare: Charges distance-based express fares. See Bus Fares.
- 2005 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 2005 (26 Dec): Introduced as a peak hour route variant, during peak hours.
- 2008 (15 Jun): Calls at an additional pair of bus stops along Jurong West St 64.
- 2009 (23 Feb): Calls at additional bus stops along Soon Lee Road and Pioneer Road North.
- 2010 (26 Apr): Extended to Bayfront and Marina Bay, skipping Raffles Avenue and Penang Road
- 2012 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (29 Dec): Post-MCE route amendments: Diverted to Central Blvd, terminates at 03529 Central Blvd (Downtown Stn)
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: Bus stop 03539 along Central Blvd relocated
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- Refer to this article
- 2013: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2013.