SBS Transit Express 513 is an AM/PM-Peak Express service between Tampines West and Shenton Way, passing through Tampines Avenue 1 and Marina Bay. It is a peak hour route introduced under the Bus Services Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Route||[AM]: Tampines Avenue 5 (Darul Ghufran Mque) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)
[PM]: Anson Road (Hub Synergy Pt) → Tampines Avenue 5 (Opp Darul Ghufran Mque)
|Passes Through||Tampines St 83, Tampines Ave 1, ECP, Marina Bay|
|Route Length||25.1km (D1) | 24.6km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||63 mins (AM Peak) | 64 – 66 mins (PM Peak)|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Decker Bus
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Tampines Ave 5
||0720hrs – 0745hrs (Weekdays except Public Holidays | 3 trips)|
|Departure Times from Anson Rd||1815hrs – 1830hrs (Weekdays except Public Holidays | 2 trips)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|AM Peak: 12 – 13 mins||PM Peak: 15 mins|
Express Bus Service 513 plies between the residential estate of Tampines West and the city area of Marina Bay and Shenton Way. Introduced as the fifth new service under the Bus Services Enhancement Programme, it provides direct connections to the city during peak hours, with journey times comparable to taking the MRT and transferring to a feeder bus route. It incorporates an express sector between Tampines Avenue 1 and Downtown/Marina Bay, via Simei Avenue, Xilin Avenue and East Coast Parkway (ECP).
This service operates every weekday (except Public Holidays), with three trips from Tampines in the morning and two return trips from Anson Road to Tampines in the evening. Buses may ply alternative routes along the Express sector subject to traffic conditions. During special occasions such as Christmas Eve and New Years’ Eve, return trip timings may be brought forward to afternoon (1pm).
An additional morning trip from Tampines to the CBD using a single-decker bus was added from 12 Jan 2015 to cope with the growing demand for this service.
Apart from Express 513, Premium 554 and Premium 736 also offer direct services to Shenton Way, but charges higher fares ($3.00 – $3.80).
Departure timings were revised on 9 Jan 2017 to cater to commuters with earlier working hours in the CBD.
- From Darul Ghufran Mque, Tampines Ave 5: 0720hrs, 0732hrs, 0745hrs
- From Hub Synergy Point, Anson Rd: 1815hrs, 1830hrs
MRT Stations Served
Fare: Charges regular distance-based express fares. See Bus Fares.
- 2012 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 2012 (17 Dec): Introduced under the BSEP between Tampines Ave 5 and Shenton Way
- 2013 (31 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (29 Dec): Express sector amended to ECP, Sheares Avenue & Marina St.
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: Bus stop 03539 along Central Blvd relocated & Express sector route amended to not ply Marina Street and Marina Station Road.
- 2015 (12 Jan): Additional morning departure at 0738hrs from Tampines Ave 5 added.
- 2017 (09 Jan): AM Departure timings revised to 0720, 0732 & 0745 from 0730, 0738 & 0745.