|Route||Pasir Ris Bus Interchange → Bayfront Avenue (Bayfront Stn Exit A)|
|Passes Through||Pasir Ris Dr 1, Moulmein Rd, Newton Rd, Orchard Rd, Suntec City, Marina Bay Sands|
|Route Length||32.6 km|
|Travelling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore
(Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Decker Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris
||0700hrs – 0730hrs (Weekdays except Public Holidays)|
Express Bus Service 518A is a unidirectional route variant of Express 518, connecting the residential estate of Pasir Ris to the City areas, such as Moulmein, Orchard Road, Marina Centre and Bayfront. It incorporates a express sector from Loyang Avenue to Moulmein Road via the TPE, PIE and CTE.
The route offers a quicker alternative route for passengers at Pasir Ris heading to the city, by skipping long sectors within Tampines and Bedok North, hence reducing travel time and overcrowding on the parent Express 518. Two trips are operated on weekday mornings.
Buses may ply alternative routes along the Express sector subject to traffic conditions.
- From Pasir Ris Int: 0700hrs, 0730hrs
MRT Stations Served
- EW1 Pasir Ris
- NS21DT11 Newton
- NS22 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- CC2 Bras Basah
- DT21 Bencoolen
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
- CE1DT16 Bayfront
- Express Bus Service 518: Pasir Ris Interchange ↺ Bayfront Avenue
Fare: Charges regular distance-based express fares. See Bus Fares.
Service 518/A at a glance
- 26 Dec 2005 – 17 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 18 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2005 (26 Dec): Introduced as Pasir Ris Int – Suntec City (Loop), Service 518 extended to ply Pasir Ris Drive 12 on the same day.
- 2010 (26 Apr): Extended to serve Bayfront and Marina Bay.
- 2016 (18 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. Operating hours revised from 0700hrs – 0735hrs to 0700hrs – 0730hrs.
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- Refer to this article
- 2010: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2010.