Go-Ahead Express Bus Service 518A is an Express service running from Pasir Ris Interchange to Bayfront Avenue, passing through Moulmein and Orchard. It is a peak hour route variant of Express 518 and skips Tampines.
→ Bayfront Stn Exit A
|Route||Pasir Ris Bus Interchange → Bayfront Avenue (Bayfront Stn Exit A)|
|Passes Through||Pasir Ris Dr 1, Moulmein Rd, Newton Rd, Orchard Rd, Suntec City|
|Route Length||32.6 km|
|Travelling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
|Double Deck Bus:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris
||Weekdays (except Public Holidays)|
|07:00 – 07:30|
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
Express Bus Service 518A is a unidirectional route variant of Express 518, connecting the residential estate of Pasir Ris to the City areas, such as Moulmein, Orchard Road, Marina Centre and Bayfront. It incorporates an express sector from Loyang Avenue to Moulmein Road via TPE, PIE and CTE.
The route offers a quicker alternative route for passengers at Pasir Ris heading to the city, by skipping long sectors within Tampines and Bedok North, hence reducing travel time and overcrowding on the parent Express 518. Two trips are operated on weekday mornings.
MRT Stations Served
- EW1 Pasir Ris
- NS21–DT11 Newton
- NS22TE14 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- CC2 Bras Basah
- DT21 Bencoolen
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
- CE1DT16 Bayfront
- From Pasir Ris Int:
Weekdays (except Public Holidays): 07:00 & 07:30
- Express Bus Service 518: Pasir Ris Interchange ↺ Bayfront Avenue (Loop)
Gallery (SBS Transit)
- 2000 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 17 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 18 Sep 2016 – Present: Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd (formerly known as Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2000 (03 Sep): Introduced as a short-trip service from Pasir Ris Int to Temasek Ave (Opp The Ritz-Carlton) during morning peak hours on weekdays.
- 2002 (07 Jul): Skips the bus stop outside Orchard Emerald along Orchard Rd
- 2005 (27 Dec): Amended to loop Temasek Ave and converted to a peak hour variant of Service 518 on weekdays, skipping Tampines Ave 7, Tampines Ave 2, Tampines Ave 1 and Bedok North Rd
- 2010 (26 Apr): Shortened to terminate at Bayfront Ave (Opp Marina Bay Sands MICE) and revised to operate during weekday morning peak hours only
- 2012 (29 Apr): Serves new bus stop outside Blk 612 along Pasir Ris Dr 1
- 2012 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (18 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. Operating hours revised from 0700hrs – 0735hrs to 0700hrs – 0730hrs.
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2021 (15 Sep – 24 Sep): Temporarily suspended due to the impact of COVID-19 on available manpower
- 2022 (30 Oct): Amended to ply Pasir Ris St 12 and Pasir Ris St 11 with the partial closure of Pasir Ris Dr 1 to facilitate the construction of Pasir Ris East MRT station on the Cross Island MRT Line