City Direct Service 660 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Hougang and the CBD, passing through Hougang Avenue 4, 8, and Bras Basah. It is the tenth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
An additional trip in the morning to the CBD commences on 25 June 2018 with timing revisions for City Direct 660.
|City Direct 660:
Buangkok Green → Shenton Way | Anson Road → Buangkok Green
| AM Peak
| PM Peak
Towards Buangkok Green
||[AM]: Buangkok Green (Opp Blk 968) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)
[PM]: Anson Rd (Mapletree Anson) → Buangkok Green (Blk 969)
|Passes Through||Hougang Ave 4, Hougang Ave 8, Dhoby Ghaut
|Route Length||17.9km (D1) | 18.1km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from Buangkok Green
||0730 – 0750 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 5 Trips|
|Departure Times from Anson Rd
||1820 – 1835 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|5 mins||15 mins|
City Direct Service 660 provides residents of Hougang Neighbourhoods 6 and 9 with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 and Orchard Road via the CTE.
A pair of new bus stops was be constructed along Hougang Street 91 (outside Hougang Secondary School) for this service. This is the tenth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
Additional morning trips were added effective from 01 September 2014, 11 May 2015 and 25 June 2018 to cope with growing demand for this service.
- AM Peak from Buangkok Green (Opp Blk 968): 0730hrs, 0735hrs, 0740hrs, 0745hrs, 0750hrs
- PM Peak from Anson Road (Mapletree Anson): 1820hrs, 1835hrs
Fares: Charges regular distance-based express fares. Calculate your bus fare using LTA’s fare calculator on MyTransport.sg here.
Fleet: Service 660’s fleet comprises of private buses operated by Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd.
- 23 Jun 2014 onwards: Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd
- 2014 (23 Jun): Introduced as a bidirectional AM/PM-Peak hour service from Hougang to the CBD under the BSEP. Operates two trips on weekday mornings at 7:35am and 7:50am, and weekday evenings at 6:20pm and 6:35pm. Charges Distance-based flat fares.
- 2014 (01 Sep): Third morning trip added, departure times from Buangkok Green revised to 7:30am, 7:40am and 7:50am.
- 2015 (23 Mar): Calls at new bus stop 03241 Anson Rd – Mapletree Anson instead of 03222 Anson Rd – Hub Synergy Point
- 2015 (11 May): Fourth morning trip added, departure times from Buangkok Green revised to 7:30am, 7:37am, 7:44am and 7:50am.
- 2018 (25 Jun): Fifth morning trip added, departure times from Buangkok Green revised to 7:30am, 7:35am, 7:40am, 7:45am and 7:50am
External Links & References: