City Direct Bus Service 672 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Hougang and the Central Business District. It will be the twenty-second City Direct route, as well as the sixty-eighth (68th) bus service introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP). It was launched on 7 Nov 2016.
||[AM] Hougang St 51 (Blk 568) → Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM] Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn) → Hougang St 51 (Blk 574)
|Passes Through||Hougang Ave 8, Hougang Ave 5, Anson Rd, Shenton Way|
|Route Length||22.8 km (D1) | 22.5 km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||65 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||Rui Feng Chartered Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from Hougang St 51
||0735 – 0750 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 3 Trips|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd
||1820 – 1835 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|7 – 8 mins||15 mins|
City Direct Service 672 provides residents of Hougang with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Hougang and the CBD via Tampines Rd, KPE and MCE.
This is the twenty-second City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
The tender for this route was called for on 15 April 2016. Read more about the tender here.
City Direct 660 also serves the CBD from Hougang.
On the first day of service, 7 Nov 2016, free rides were given out for commuters to try the City Direct service.
- AM Peak from Hougang St 51 (Blk 568): 0735hrs, 0742hrs, 0750hrs
- PM Peak from Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn): 1820hrs, 1835hrs
Fares: Charges regular distance-based express fares. Calculate your bus fare using LTA’s fare calculator on MyTransport.sg here.
- 2016 (15 Apr): Tender for City Directs 651, 671 & 672 announced; tender closes 10 May 2016.
- 2016 (01 Aug): Contract awarded to Rui Feng Chartered Pte Ltd
- 2016 (07 Nov): Launched under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme
- 2018 (25 Jun): Third morning trip added, departure times from Hougang St 51 revised to 7:35am, 7:42am and 7:50am
- 07 Nov 2016 onwards: Rui Feng Chartered Pte Ltd
External Links & References: