SBS Transit Service 70M is a trunk service plying from Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange and looping at Suntec City, passing through Yio Chu Kang Rd, Serangoon, Paya Lebar and Guillemard. It is a route variant of Bus Service 70, and only operates during weekday nights, Saturday evenings and Sundays/PHs.
||Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Temasek Avenue (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Yio Chu Kang Rd, Serangoon, Paya Lebar, Guillemard, Nicoll Highway, Suntec City|
|Route Length||42.0 km|
|Traveling Time||150 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Yio Chu Kang
||Weekdays: 1819 – 2300
Saturdays: 1815 – 2300
Sunday/PHs: 0545 – 2300
Daily: 2315 – 2345 (70A | Terminates at Opp The Ritz-Carlton, Temasek Avenue)
|0630-0830: 13 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 15 mins
1700-1900: 12 – 17 mins
After 1900: 11 – 19 mins
Service 70M connects the residential areas of Yio Chu Kang, Serangoon and Guillemard to Suntec City. This route operates either as Service 70 or 70M depending on times of day. Service 70, which serves the Central Business District around Shenton Way and Fullerton, operates on Weekdays and Saturdays from mornings to evenings. On Weekday and Saturday nights, and on Sundays/PHs, Service 70M will operate, looping at Suntec City and serving the Marina Centre area while skipping Fullerton and Shenton Way.
MRT Stations Served
- NS15 Yio Chu Kang
- NE12CC13 Serangoon
- CC11 Tai Seng
- CC10DT26 MacPherson
- EW8CC9 Paya Lebar
- CC5 Nicoll Highway
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
- Temasek Ave (Opp The Ritz-Carlton) → Yio Chu Kang Int
Sundays / Public Holidays: 0600hrs & 0620hrs
- Service 70: Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↔ Shenton Way Terminal
Operates on Morning and Afternoons on Weekdays and Saturdays
Short Trip Services
- Service 70A: Yio Chu Kang Int → Temasek Ave (Opp The Ritz Carlton)
Daily: 2315hrs, 2330hrs & 2345hrs
- Service 70B: Yio Chu Kang Road (Opp Serenity Pk) → Serangoon Central (Serangoon Stn Exit C/Blk 201)
Weekdays: 0650hrs, 0703hrs, 0735hrs, 0750hrs, 0854hrs, 0952hrs
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 2008 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- ????: Variant Service 70# introduced as a Weekday night, Saturday, Sunday/PH service, plying between Yio Chu Kang and Geylang Lor 1 Terminal.
- 1999-2001: Amended to Esplanade Dr (Esplanade Bridge), skipping Empress Place
- 2000 (16 Oct): Service 70# extended to loop at Suntec City, later called Service 70X.
- 2003 (21 Jun): Amended to ply Serangoon Central and Upp Serangoon Rd during Phase 1 of NEL Rationalisation.
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 70# was renamed to Service 70M
- 2009 (23 Aug): No longer plies Eunos Rd 8 after Paya Lebar Rd was reinstated
- 2012 (27 Aug): Introduction of shortowrking trip 70B during AM Peak hours
- 2012 (3 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (22 Sep): Calls at new bus stop along Upp Paya Lebar Rd (Wisma AUPE Bldg)
- 2018 (11 Mar): Start of operations under Seletar Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.