SBS Transit Bus Service 73 is a trunk route running from Ang Mo Kio Int and looping at Toa Payoh Int, passing through Serangoon North Ave 4, Serangoon Gardens Way, Lorong Chuan and Lorong 4 Toa Payoh.
- Bus Service 73 towards both Toa Payoh and Ang Mo Kio duplicates along Lorong Chuan & Serangoon Garden Way. Check the bus destination before boarding.
– Buses displaying the Red 73 Plate head towards Ang Mo Kio
– Buses displaying the White 73 Plate head towards Toa Payoh
||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↺ Toa Payoh Bus Interchange (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Serangoon North Ave 4, Serangoon Gardens Way, Lorong Chuan, Lorong 4 Toa Payoh|
|Route Length||24.8 km|
|Traveling Time||110 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio
||0530hrs – 2345hrs* (Daily)
*Between 2330hrs & 2345hrs, buses leaving Ang Mo Kio Int will terminate at Toa Payoh Int.
|Departure Times from Toa Payoh||0545hrs – 0000hrs (Weekdays & Saturdays)
0600hrs – 0000hrs (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|0630-0830: 11 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 12 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 11 mins
After 1900: 10 – 12 mins
Service 73 is a residential route between Toa Payoh and Ang Mo Kio, serving housing areas of Serangoon North, Serangoon Gardens, Lorong Chuan and Lorong 4 Toa Payoh with connections to Ang Mo Kio and Toa Payoh Interchanges & MRT stations.
Both Toa Payoh & Ang Mo Kio Bound Service 73 buses will call at the same stops at Lorong Chuan & Serangoon Garden Way. As such, buses display a red / white plate to indicate the direction of travel as an additional guide on top of the electronic destination sign displayed.
Between 2330hrs & 2345hrs, buses leaving Ang Mo Kio Int will terminate at Toa Payoh Int.
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
MRT Stations Served
- Toa Payoh Int → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0555hrs, 0604hrs
Saturdays: 0545hrs, 0556hrs
- Serangoon North Ave 4 (Blk 504A CP) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 0515hrs, 0529hrs, 0543hrs, 0557hrs
- 1970s – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package.
- 1971: Introduced between Yio Chu Kang Rd (near Upp Thomson Rd) to Tanjong Pagar Road, operated by Associated Bus Services
- 1974: Shortened to terminate at Toa Payoh Town Ctr
- 1977: Amended to Yio Chu Kang Rd, skipping Jln Woodbridge
- 1979: Amended to Old Upp Thomson Rd Ter
- 1980: Amended to loop at Old Upp Thomson Rd
- 1983: Amended to skip Ang Mo Kio and also amended to Toa Payoh Bus Int that same year. Toa Payoh sectors rerouted slightly.
- 1988 (24 Jan): Shortened to Yio Chu Kang Terminal via AMK St 64, St 63, AMK Ave 9/6.
- 1992 (03 May): Converted to loop service from Toa Payoh Int to S’goon North Ave 4
- 1993: Extended to Ang Mo Kio Int. Re-routed to start from Ang Mo Kio Int and loop at Toa Payoh Int
- 1998 (31 May): Amended to Toa Payoh Temp Int
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int
- 2002 (19 May): Amended to air-conditioned Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to air-conditioned Ang Mo Kio Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2012 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2004: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2004.