SBS Transit Express Bus Service 74e is an express service plying between Hougang Central and Buona Vista, passing through Ang Mo Kio, Marymount, Lornie Road, Bukit Timah Rd, Clementi Rd, Dover Rd and Holland Village. Its parent route is Service 74.
- No Boarding & Alighting at Buona Vista Terminal.
||Hougang Central Bus Interchange ⇄ Buona Vista Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio, Marymount, Clementi Road|
|Route Length||27.5 km (D1) | 27.7 km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||98 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Clementi Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Hougang Central
||0700hrs – 0730hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Departure Times from Buona Vista
||1730hrs – 1800hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|AM Peak: 15 mins||PM Peak: 15 mins|
Service 74e plies between Hougang Central and Buona Vista, connecting Hougang, Ang Mo Kio and Bishan with Clementi Road and Holland Village. By skipping selected stops along its route, it offers quicker travel time as compared to its parent service 74.
The route skips stops along Dunearn/Bukit Timah Road and Dover Road in both directions. Between Marymount Road and Clementi Road in both directions, the bus service plies Thomson Road & PIE as its express sector. However, the express sector reflected on MyTransport.sg indicates it to be via Lornie Highway / Lornie Road & PIE instead.
Much of its demand comes from serving the academic belt along Clementi Road.
No boarding and alighting is allowed at Buona Vista Terminal.
- From Hougang Central Int: 0700hrs, 0715hrs, 0730hrs
- From Buona Vista Ter: 1800hrs, 1815hrs, 1830hrs
MRT Stations Served
- SBS Transit Bus Service 74: Hougang Central Int ↔Buona Vista Ter
Fare: Charges express distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 2006 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Clementi Bus Package.
- 2006 (18 Dec): Introduced as a Fast Forward Service from Hougang Central Int to Buona Vista Terminal in the AM Peak direction and from Buona Vista Terminal to Hougang Central Int in the PM Peak direction.
- 2015 (28 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (12 Aug): Renamed as an Express Bus Service from a Fast Forward Bus Service