SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 811 is a Feeder service operating from Yishun Temporary Interchange and looping at both Yishun Avenue 5 (North Loop) and Yishun Avenue 1 South Loop), passing through Yishun Avenue 7, Avenue 2, Yishun Ring Road and Yishun Street 81. It operates as a dual-loop service, calling at Bus Stop 59161 (Opp Blk 201) along Yishun Central in-between loops.
Terminating Trips on Service 811 will be renumbered from 811E to 811T from 12 Aug 2018.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 811: Yishun ↺ Yishun Ave 5 & Yishun Ave 1 (Loop)
Loop at Yishun Ave 5
Loop at Yishun Ave 1
- Buses from the North Loop will continue to the South Loop at Opp Blk 201, Yishun Central unless “Terminates at Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201) 811T” is displayed.
- Buses from the South Loop will only continue to the North Loop if “Terminates at Yishun Int 811T” is not displayed.
||Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Yishun Avenue 5 & Avenue 1 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Yishun Ave 7, 2, Ring Rd, St 81|
|Route Length||16.8 km|
|Travelling Time||64 – 86 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||18-metre Articulated bus:
– MAN NG363F (A24)
12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from Yishun Temp Int (North Loop)
||0520 – 0055 (Weekdays/Sat)
0530 – 0055 (Sun/PHs)
|Departure Times from Opp Blk 201, Yishun Central (South Loop)
||0553 – 0050 (Weekdays)
0548 – 0050 (Saturdays)
0558 – 0050 (Sundays / Public Holidays)
|0630-0830: 04 – 05 mins
0831-1659: 02 – 08 mins
1700-1900: 02 – 06 mins
After 1900: 02 – 08 mins
|Note||Between 12:29am and 12:55am on Mondays to Fridays, 12:27am and 12:55am on Saturdays and 12:35am and 12:55am on Sundays/Public Holidays, North Loop buses leaving Yishun Temp Int will terminate at Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201)|
Feeder Service 811 serves residential blocks, schools and public amenities along Yishun Ave 9, Yishun Ave 6, Yishun Ave 7, Yishun Ave 5, Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Ave 3, Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 4 and Yishun St 81, connecting them to transport nodes at Yishun Town Centre, namely Yishun MRT and Bus Interchange. Its primary area of service is Yishun Neighbourhoods 1 and 2 on the North Loop, and Neighbourhoods 6, 7 and 8 on the South Loop. High capacity buses are deployed on a daily basis due to high demand from Yishun residents and workers commuting to Yishun Industrial Park.
The route serves schools such as Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary, Naval Base Primary, Naval Base Secondary, Northland Secondary and Orchid Park Secondary. Other public amenities served include Yishun Town Combined Temple, Yishun Neighbourhood Park, Chong Pang CC, Yishun Town Gardens, Yishun Swimming Complex and Nee Soon South CC.
Service 811 operates in two loops, where buses will first ply the North Loop (via Yishun Ave 5) followed by the South Loop (via Yishun Ave 1). The 811 berth inside Yishun Temp Int is for the North Loop, while commuters heading towards the South Loop (via Yishun Ave 1) should board outside Yishun Temp Int at Bus Stop 59161 Opp Blk 201. Terminating trips will operate as Service 811T (Formerly 811E) on the South Loop, indicating that the bus will terminate at Yishun Temp Int and no longer continue its journey on the North Loop.
Between Jan 2015 & Jan 2017, Service 811 had a Peak Period Short Service variant, Peak Period Short Service 811P, which served the South Loop only.
Prior to takeover by SBS Transit with re-branding to Townlink Service 811 as part of the Seletar Bus Package in March 2018, this service was branded as an Intratown Service by SMRT Buses. The Townlink branding was subsequently dropped in August 2018 as part of standarisation.
MRT Stations Served:
- Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201) → Yishun Temp Int via Yishun Avenue 1
Weekdays: 0550hrs, 0605hrs, 1814hrs, 1841hrs, 1852hrs, 1921hrs, 1938hrs & 2005hrs
- Yishun Ave 7 (Opp Blk 288) → Yishun Temp Int via Yishun Ave 1
Weekdays: 0624hrs, 0636hrs, 0658hrs, 0713hrs & 0746hrs
- Service 811T – Terminate at Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201)
Yishun Ave 7 (Opp Blk 288) → Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201)
Weekdays: 0601hrs, 0603hrs, 0609hrs, 0616hrs, 0620hrs, 0626hrs, 0638hrs, 0643hrs, 0649hrs, 0654hrs, 0702hrs, 0706hrs, 0709hrs, 0719hrs, 0722hrs, 0727hrs, 0732hrs, 0735hrs, 0740hrs, 0750hrs, 0756hrs, 0800hrs, 0805hrs & 0809hrs
- Service 811T – Terminate at Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201)
Yishun Temp Int → Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201) via Yishun Ave 5
Weekdays: 0029hrs, 0035hrs, 0042hrs, 0048hrs & 0055hrs
Saturdays: 0027hrs, 0034hrs, 0041hrs, 0048hrs & 0055hrs
Sundays & Public Holidays: 0035hrs, 0045hrs & 0055hrs
Short Trip Service
- Service 811A: Yishun Temp Int → Yishun Avenue 5 (Blk 151)
Weekdays PM Peak hours (1704hrs – 1959hrs) | 04 – 25 mins frequency
Fleet: See Above.
Gallery: (SBS Transit)
Gallery: (Posters & Misc)
- 1996 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – 17 Mar 2018: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 18 Mar 2018 onwards: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1996 (07 Jul): Introduced as an Intra-Town service between Yishun Int and Yishun Ave 5/St 81. Merged from feeder services 801 and 805.
- 2009 (01 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (23 Oct): Amended to serve Yishun Ave 2, 3 & Yishun Ring Rd
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int. South Loop boarding no longer inside the interchange.
- 2018 (08 Jan): Start of Double-decker bus operations
- 2018 (18 Mar): Operations transferred to SBS Transit as part of the Seletar Bus Package. Re-branded Townlink 811 from Intratown 811.
- 2018 (12 Aug): Terminating Trips renumbered to Service 811T from 811E. Townlink branding dropped, re-branded as a Feeder Bus Service.
- 1996 (South Loop): Yishun Int, Yishun Ctrl, Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 4, Yishun St 81, Yishun Ave 1, Yishun Ave 4, Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 3, Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Int
- 2011: Present routing
External Links & References:
More pictures on Page 2