SMRT NightRider Bus Service NR1 is a late-night bus route running from Resorts World Sentosa to Yishun Ring Road, passing through Bayfront, City Hall, River Valley, Orchard, Thomson, Toa Payoh, Bishan and Ang Mo Kio.
Operating on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays, it is one of six NightRider bus routes operated by SMRT Buses.
NightRider Services will remain suspended until further notice, starting from 8 April 2020.
|Route||Resorts World Sentosa → Yishun Ring Road (Opp Khatib Stn Exit D)|
|Passes Through||Bayfront, City Hall, River Valley, Orchard, Thomson, Toa Payoh, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio|
|Route Length||42.5 km|
|Traveling Time||81 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Resorts World Sentosa
||Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays|
|23:30 – 02:00|
|From Resorts World Sentosa
|Fare||Flat Fare – $4.50.
Transfer benefits from distance fares & monthly concession passes are not applicable.
|Note||Free Transfer to another NightRider Service
Passengers who tap their cards on the Exit reader when alighting from the first NightRider Service enjoy a free transfer to another NightRider Service within 45 minutes.
NightRider NR1 is a late-night service connecting the city areas of Resorts World, HarbourFront, Bayfront, City Hall, River Valley and Orchard with the residential estates of Thomson, Toa Payoh, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio and Yishun.
Operating only on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays, the route shuttles late-night dwellers from the City to the residential estates outside the City.
The long route follows mostly major trunk roads from the City area to the housing estates. It also has an short express sector along the AYE/MCE between Keppel Road and Bayfront. From the City to Ang Mo Kio and Yishun, Nite Owl 1N offers faster journeys by plying the Central Expressway (CTE).
NightRider NR1 has a rich history as the first NightRider service introduced by Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS). Introduced on 10th March 2000, it plied single-directional from Marina Centre to Yishun, and later converted to bi-directional loop operation. It offered daily service in 2003 after merger with SMRT NightBus SN20, which were subsequently cancelled owing to low demand. The route was extended to HarbourFront in 2007, and subsequently to Resorts World Sentosa in 2010 to serve new integrated resorts. In 2014, the route was reverted back to a single-directional night service terminating in Yishun.
MRT Stations Served:
- NE1CC29 Harbourfront
- CE1DT16 Bayfront
- NS25EW13 City Hall
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- DT20 Fort Canning
- NS23 Somerset
- NS22 Orchard
- NS21–DT11 Newton
- NS20 Novena
- NS19 Toa Payoh
- NS17CC15 Bishan
- NS15 Yio Chu Kang
- NS14 Khatib
- From Resorts World Sentosa (Fridays, Saturdays & Eve of Public Holidays):
23:30, 23:55, 00:20, 00:45, 01:10, 01:35 & 02:00
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 2000 (10 Mar): Introduced as a unidirectional night service from Marina Centre to Yishun
- 2000 (18 Dec): Converted into bidirectional service as Yishun Interchange – Marina Centre (Loop)
- 2002 (07 Jul): Serves the bus stop outside Blk 923 along Yishun Ave 2, skipping the bus stop outside Northpoint Shop Ctr
- 2003 (01 Jul): Merged with Night Service SN20 to provide additional unidirectional weeknight services which terminated at Woodlands, via Sembawang and Marsiling. Uses BusPlus minibuses on weeknights. No change to Friday, Saturday & Eve of PHs routing.
- 2004 (23 May): Weeknight services withdrawn due to low demand
- 2005 (02 Jul): Amended to ply Grange Rd and Orchard Link with the partial closure of Somerset Rd; Skips abolished bus stop outside Clifford Ctr along Collyer Quay
- 2006 (29 Oct): Serves relocated bus stop outside Orchard Stn along Orchard Turn
- 2007 (29 May): Serves new bus stop outside Blk 774 along Yishun Ring Rd
- 2007 (21 Sep): Extended to HarbourFront Interchange, amended to loop at Yishun via Yishun St 61 & Yishun Ring Rd
- 2008 (07 Dec): Skips abolished bus stop opposite Temenggong D Mosque along Telok Blangah Rd
- 2010 (29 Jan): Extended to Resorts World Sentosa
- 2010 (07 May): Amended to ply Bayfront Ave, serving Marina Bay Sands
- 2013 (29 Dec): Amended to ply MCE and Marina Link with the opening of MCE
- 2014 (30 Apr): Convert to unidirectional operations from Resorts World Sentosa to Yishun due to low ridership. Revised departure times from 11:30pm and 2:00am, and City-bound return services will cease to operate.
- 2014 (03 Oct): Amended to skip Marina Station Rd and Marina Way
- 2017 (17 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2020 (12 Jan): Skips removed bus stop (55271) Aft Lentor Flyover along Lentor Ave
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (02 Jun): Suspended until further notice