SMRT NightRider NR2 is a unidirectional night bus route running from Marina Centre Terminal to Sembawang Drive, passing through City Hall, River Valley, Orchard, Stevens, PIE, BKE, Marsiling, Woodlands and Sembawang.
Operating on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays, it is one of six NightRider bus routes operated by SMRT Buses.
Due to the Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures, NightRider NR2 will be suspended from 8 April 2020 to 4 May 2020.
- No boarding at Marina Centre Bus Terminal
|Route||Marina Centre Bus Terminal → Sembawang Drive (Blk 317)|
|Passes Through||City Hall, Clarke Quay, River Valley, Orchard, Stevens, PIE, BKE, Marsiling, Woodlands, Sembawang|
|Route Length||36.9 km|
|Traveling Time||75 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Marina Centre
||Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays|
|23:30 – 02:00|
|Fare||Flat Fare: $4.50 (Cash / Card)
Free transfer to another NightRider service within 45 mins for commuters paying by Card. Not applicable when transferring from an ordinary service to a NightRider service.
Concessionary travel is not applicable.
NightRider NR2 is a late-night service connecting the city areas of Marina Centre, City Hall, River Valley and Orchard with the residential estates of Woodlands Centre, Marsiling, Woodlands New Town and Sembawang. Operating only on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays, the route shuttles late-night dwellers from the City to the residential estates outside the City.
The route has a long express sector between Whitley Road and Woodlands Centre Road, plying more than 15km of expressway (along PIE and BKE). Other parts of the route follow major trunk roads.
- Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays from Marina Centre Terminal:
23:30, 00:00, 00:30, 01:00, 01:30 & 02:00
MRT Stations Served:
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- DT20 Fort Canning
- NS23 Somerset
- NS22 Orchard
- DT10 Stevens
- NS10 Admiralty
- NS11 Sembawang
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2020 under the Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package.
- 2000 (26 May): Introduced as a unidirectional night service from Marina Centre to Woodlands
- 2000 (18 Dec): Converted into bidirectional service looping at Woodlands Ave 4
- 2001 (03 Dec): Extended to loop Sembawang to serve the deleted sectors of NightRider NR9. Return sector via Woodlands Avenue 3 abolished.
- 2014 (30 Apr): Converted to unidirectional operation from Marina Centre to Sembawang. Revised departure times from 11:30pm and 2:00am, and City-bound return services will cease to operate.
- 2017 (17 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2020 (22 Mar): Calls at a new bus stop along Gambas Ave
- 2020 (08 Apr – 04 May): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.