SMRT NightRider NR2 is a unidirectional night bus route running from Marina Centre Terminal to Sembawang Drive, passing through City Hall, River Valley, Orchard, Stevens, PIE, BKE, Marsiling, Woodlands and Sembawang.
Operating on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays, it is one of six NightRider bus routes operated by SMRT Buses.
- No boarding at Marina Centre Bus Terminal
||Marina Centre Bus Terminal → Sembawang Drive (Blk 317)|
|Passes Through||City Hall, Clarke Quay, River Valley, Orchard, Stevens, PIE, BKE, Marsiling, Woodlands, Sembawang|
|Route Length||37.0 km|
|Traveling Time||75 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Marina Centre
||Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays
2330hrs – 0200hrs (the following day)
NightRider NR2 is a late-night service connecting the city areas of Marina Centre, City Hall, River Valley and Orchard with the residential estates of Woodlands Centre, Marsiling, Woodlands New Town and Sembawang. Operating only on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays (and special occasions if announced), the route shuttles late-night dwellers from the City to the residential estates outside the City.
The route has a long express sector between Whitley Road and Woodlands Centre Road, plying more than 15km of expressway (along PIE and BKE). Other parts of the route follow major trunk roads.
- From Marina Centre Terminal: 2330hrs, 0000hrs, 0030hrs, 0100hrs, 0130hrs, 0200hrs
MRT Stations Served:
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- DT20 Fort Canning
- NS23 Somerset
- NS22 Orchard
- DT10 Stevens
- NS11 Sembawang
Flat Fare: $4.50 (Cash / Ez-link card)
NightRider commuters who pay by ez-link card will enjoy a free transfer to another NightRider service within a stipulated time of 45mins. This is not applicable when transferring from an ordinary service to a NightRider service. Concessionary travel is not applicable.
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2020 under the Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package.
- 2000 (26 May): Introduced as a unidirectional night service from Marina Centre to Woodlands
- 2000 (18 Dec): Converted into bidirectional service looping at Woodlands Ave 4
- 2001 (03 Dec): Extended to loop Sembawang to serve the deleted sectors of NightRider NR9. Return sector via Woodlands Avenue 3 abolished.
- 2014 (30 Apr): Converted to unidirectional operation from Marina Centre to Sembawang. Revised departure times from 11:30pm and 2:00am, and City-bound return services will cease to operate.
- 2017 (17 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.