SMRT NightRider NR8 is an overnight bus route running from Marina Centre Terminal to Bukit Batok West Avenue 5, passing through City Hall, Clarke Quay, River Valley, Orchard, Tanglin, Holland, Clementi and Bukit Batok Central.
Operating on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays, it is one of six NightRider bus routes operated by SMRT Buses.
NightRider Services will remain suspended until further notice, starting from 8 April 2020.
→ Blk 531
- No boarding at Marina Centre Bus Terminal
|Route||Marina Centre Bus Terminal → Bukit Batok West Avenue 5 (Blk 531)|
|Passes Through||City Hall, Clarke Quay, River Valley, Orchard, Tanglin, Holland, Clementi, Bukit Batok Central|
|Route Length||24.3 km|
|Traveling Time||52 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Marina Centre
||Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays|
|23:35 – 02:00|
|From Marina Centre
|Fare||Flat Fare – $4.50.
Transfer benefits from distance fares & monthly concession passes are not applicable.
|Note||Free Transfer to another NightRider Service
Passengers who tap their cards on the Exit reader when alighting from the first NightRider Service enjoy a free transfer to another NightRider Service within 45 minutes.
NightRider NR8 is a late-night service connecting the city areas of Marina Centre, City Hall, River Valley and Orchard with the residential estates of Holland, Clementi, Bukit Batok and Bukit Gombak (Bukit Batok West). Operating only on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays (and special occasions if announced), the route shuttles late-night dwellers from the City to the residential estates outside the City. The route follows major trunk roads for the most of its route.
MRT Stations Served:
- NS25EW13 City Hall
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- DT20 Fort Canning
- NS23 Somerset
- NS22 Orchard
- CC21 Holland Village
- EW21CC22 Buona Vista
- EW22 Dover
- EW23 Clementi
- NS2 Bukit Batok
- NS3 Bukit Gombak
- From Marina Centre Terminal (Fridays, Saturdays & Eve of Public Holidays):
23:35, 00:04, 00:33, 01:02, 01:31 & 02:00
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 2000 (26 May): Introduced as a bidirectional night service between Bukit Batok Int and Bedok Int
- 2001 (18 Oct): Serves reinstated bus stops outside Dover Stn along Commonwealth Ave West
- 2003 (01 Jul): Route shortened to start from Marina Centre and loop at Bt Batok West Ave 5. Deleted portion was replaced by NR7’s route amendment
- 2005 (02 Jul): Amended to ply Grange Rd and Orchard Link with the partial closure of Somerset Rd; Skips abolished bus stop outside Clifford Ctr along Collyer Quay
- 2006 (27 Aug): Serves new bus stop opposite Blk 334 along Bt Batok West Ave 7
- 2014 (30 Apr): Converted to unidirectional operation from Marina Centre to Bukit Batok due to low ridership. Revised departure times from 11:35pm to 2:00am, and City-bound return services ceased to operate.
- 2017 (17 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (02 Jun): Suspended until further notice
- 2021 (24 Feb): Amended to the relocated Marina Ctr Ter