Causeway Link CW3 is a cross-border service linking Perling Mall in Johor with Jurong East in Singapore, via Taman Perling, Bukit Indah and the Tuas Second Link. It is operated by Handal Indah (Causeway Link).
The pick-up and drop-off point at Jurong East is currently located at the private bus pick-up point at Venture Avenue.
|Route||Perling Mall ↔ Jurong East (Venture Avenue)|
|Passes Through||CIQ 2nd Link, Bukit Indah, Perling|
|Operator||Handal Indah Sdn Bhd (Causeway Link)|
|Departure Times from Perling Mall
|04:00 – 21:30|
|Departure Times from Jurong East (Venture Avenue)
|07:30 – 23:30|
|From Perling / Jurong East
||15 – 20 mins|
|Fare||Section fare payment, ManjaLink Card accepted.
EZ-Link accepted from Singapore only
RM6.00 (Max) towards Jurong East, S$5.00 (Max) towards Perling / Malaysia
Service CW3 is a cross-border route connecting the Taman Perling and Bukit Indah areas in Johor with Jurong East Bus Interchange in Singapore, via the Tuas Second Link crossing. The route is one of five regular cross-border bus services operating via the Tuas Second Link, along with Service CW4, CW4S, CW6 and CW7.
Within Johor, an additional Larkin branch route (CW3E) operates between CIQ Second Link and Larkin Terminal.
Second Link-plying CW services, inclusive of CW3, operate as a local bus while operating within Johor, hence serving at all en route bus stops. They do not stop at any bus stops in Singapore except the designated boarding point at Jurong East. Due to varying traffic conditions at the Tuas Second Link, travel times and waiting times may increase significantly when traffic congestion occurs.
- Perling Mall: Car park outside shopping centre
- Tuas CIQ & CIQ 2nd Link (Arrival / Departure): Designated bus boarding point
- Jurong East: Private Bus Pick Up Point along Venture Avenue
Fares & Inter-Checkpoint Transfer:
At each checkpoint on the Singapore and Malaysian side of the border, passengers will have to alight and clear customs before boarding the bus again. When travelling between Tuas CIQ Complex and Sultan Abu Bakar CIQ Complex (“CIQ 2nd Link”) in either direction, commuters may board any Causeway Link bus (Service CW3, CW4, CW4S, CW6, CW7) with a valid ticket. Commuters using the ManjaLink Card should tap their card upon entry.
With a valid ticket at Tuas Second Link, passengers travelling towards Jurong East can similarly board CW4 and CW4S, or board CW6 for Boon Lay at Tuas Second Link. Alternatively, passengers heading towards other destinations in JB can transfer to other bus services at CIQ Second Link, such as the (CW3E) Larkin branch to Larkin Terminal.
- Causeway Link CW3L: Perling Mall ↔ CIQ Second Link
Supplementary trips between Perling Mall and CIQ Second Link that do not cross the border. These trips sometimes operate with the route number CW3; the “L” is redundant as all passengers must alight at the CIQ Second Link.
- Causeway Link CW3E (Larkin Branch): Larkin Bus Terminal ↔ CIQ Second Link (Currently Suspended)
- Causeway Link CW3S: Terminal TUTA ↔ CIQ Second Link
Charges section fares, effective 1 June 2022. Only Singapore currency is accepted when boarding the bus in Singapore, and Malaysian currency is accepted when boarding from Malaysia.
|Fares towards Singapore||Fares towards Johor|
|Perling Mall → Singapore: RM6.00
Bukit Indah → Singapore: RM6.00
CIQ Second Link → Singapore: RM4.50
Tuas Checkpoint → Jurong East: S$5.00
|Jurong East → All Johor Destinations: S$5.00
Tuas Checkpoint → All Johor Destinations: S$4.50
- ‘Singapore’ refers to boarding/alighting at Jurong East, Boon Lay or Tuas Link
- Cashless payment (EZ-Link / ManjaLink Card) only from Singapore.
- Fares are identical for Cash and Manjalink payment modes
More detailed fare information for Manjalink users is attached in a separate section below.
- 2005 (29 Aug): Introduced between Kota Raya and Jurong East via Taman Perling, Bukit Indah and Gelang Patah. Full-distance fares were RM 5.00 / S$3.00.
- 2006 (29 May): Fares from Singapore increased to S$3.50
- ~Jul 2007: Shortened to Bukit Indah with some early morning trips commencing from Taman Perling
- 2008 (04 Aug): Increased trips during the morning and evening peak hours, with a portion of Singapore-bound trips skipping Gelang Patah
- 2010 (08 Dec): Extended from Bukit Indah to Tamah Perling, with a portion of trips towards Singapore starting from Bukit Indah. Full-distance fares increased to RM 5.20 / S$4.00
- 2012 (10 Mar): Bus stop at Bukit Indah roundabout (Jalan Indah 15/3 / Bukit Indah Causeway Link cafe) moved to Bukit Indah 2 (near Pasar Mini Ashraff, Jln Indah 22/3). On Wednesday afternoons and evenings (~4.30pm till 10.00pm), the stop would be moved to the main road Bukit Indah Highway due to the Pasar Malam
- 2012 (29 Mar): Terminus moved to Jalan Indah 25/16, Bukit Indah 2
- 2012 (25 Aug): First CW3 pick-up point at Bukit Indah 2 (near Pasar Mini Ashraff, Jln Indah 22/3) relocated to Perling Mall
- 2013 (15 Apr): First bus from JE brought forward to 7:10 am on weekdays
- 2014 (01 Oct): Amended to turn around at Nusa Perintis with the temporary closure of Gelang Patah Bus Terminal
- 2015 (19 Apr): Causeway Link CW3E (Larkin Branch) introduced
- 2016 (11 Sep): Amended back to Gelang Patah Bus Terminal
- 2020 (18 Mar): Suspended amid COVID-19 pandemic cross-border travel restrictions
- 2020 (06 Dec): Pick Up/Drop Off Point at Jurong East shifted to Venture Avenue following the closure of Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange
- 2022 (01 Jun): Services resumed after the lifting of cross-border travel restrictions with reduced frequency & operating hours. Fares increased to $5.00 from Singapore and RM6.00 from Malaysia. The bus stop at TF Value Mart in Bukit Indah was shifted from the mall parking lot to the roadside bus stop.
The operating pattern of CW3 is uncertain, but prior to its 2020 suspension, it was observed that some trips ply via Gelang Patah while others do not. This no longer takes place after the 2022 resumption.
Miscellaneous Fare Information for Manjalink users
Manjalink users will be required to tap their card upon entering the bus, which includes re-boarding the bus at the various checkpoints.
As the ManjaLink card is loaded with values in Malaysian Ringgit (MYR), passengers boarding from Singapore and paying fares in Singapore Dollars (SGD) will be charged based on the prevailing exchange rate determined by ManjaLink. For example, the published ManjaLink fare for JB-bound CW3 is S$4.00, and as such when ManjaLink is used, 4.00×3.08= 12.32, thereby deducting RM12.40 from the card, as the Manjalink system rounds up the fare to the nearest 10 cents.
The prevailing exchange rate for ManjaLink is regularly updated and can be found on their website.
Route Map towards Jurong East
Route Map towards Perling Mall
External Links & References:
- Service CW3 – Causeway Link
- Additional timing from Larkin – Jurong East – Causeway Link
- Causeway Link CW3 And CW3S Are Now Back To Serve You – Causeway Link