The Passenger Information Display System (PIDS) is capable of displaying real-time information on the next bus-stop along its route, integrated with bus stop announcements. While the system was not fully operational at launch (13 March 2017), the system was configured to display bus stops in sequence with as of 31 March 2017 without any announcements.
As of SBS Transit ownership (April 2018), the PIDS is not in operation.
For the purposes of the Tower Transit trial, floor stickers were put in place to assist in guiding commuters around the bus. Additional stickers scattered throughout the bus interior inform commuters about various aspects of the bus design, including information tidbits and special features.
Many of the signs are captioned in Singlish to attract attention but are accompanied with descriptions in Queen’s English. The use of Singlish was a minor talking point among Singaporeans, with some praising the lighter side of it, while others criticising the use of Singlish in such a setting.
As of SBS Transit ownership (April 2018), the promotional stickers around the bus have been removed.
Gallery (Old Photos):
360-degree Interior Video
- MAN A95 (ND323F)
- New MAN Lion’s City Facelift DD Buses
- Alexander Dennis Enviro500 Mock-up Bus
- Singapore Traction Company Mock-up Bus
- Trapeze Common Fleet Management System (CFMS)
- Mobileye Shield+ Collision Avoidance System
External Links & References:
- MAN Lion’s City – Wikipedia
- Road Traffic (Authorisation of Use) Notification – AGC
- Road Traffic (Authorisation of Use) Notification (PDF Link)
- LTA Promotional Facebook Post
- 3-door bus trial to speed up passenger flow begins – Today Online
- 3-door double decker bus with 2 staircases and USB ports hits the road in trial – Straits Times
- Three-door bus takes to the road in 6-month trial – Channel NewsAsia
- Singlish signs on new Tower Transit bus, can or not? – Straits Times
Back to LTA evaluates 3-door MAN Lion’s City DD Concept Bus
Back to MAN Lion’s City DD L Mock-up Bus
Back to Bus Models
Back to Bus Articles