Shuttle 22 or the HarbourFront—Dhoby Ghaut Shuttle Bus Service, is a Rail Replacement Service plying between HarbourFront and Dhoby Ghaut, serving en-route North East Line (NEL) stations.
The route will be activated to operate during selected Fridays and Saturdays in March 2019, when shortened operating hours are implemented on the North East Line, to facilitate additional engineering hours for rail renewal work.
Note: Refer to Shuttle 21 for the Serangoon – Punggol shuttle operating from 4 Jan 2019 till 2 March 2019.
The Shuttle Bus Service serves the following MRT Stations:
|Shuttle 22: HarbourFront—Dhoby Ghaut Shuttle Bus Service|
|Direction 1 – Towards Dhoby Ghaut
||Direction 2 – Towards HarbourFront
||HarbourFront MRT ↔ Dhoby Ghaut MRT|
|Passes Through||Outram Park, Chinatown & Clarke Quay MRT Stations|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
||12-metre Double Decker Buses
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from HarbourFront
||11.05pm – 12.00am (Early Closure on Affected Fridays & Saturdays)|
|Departure Times from Dhoby Ghaut
||11.05pm – 12.04am (Early Closure on Affected Fridays & Saturdays)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|1 – 5 mins||1 – 5 mins|
Shuttle 22 operates during periods of planned closure on the NEL. These additional engineering hours are used to accelerate the pace of rail renewal work, including the replacement of rail crossings and track, and renewing parts of the power and signalling systems.
The Shuttle Bus Service will only operate on days of Early Closure of the NEL in March 2019, namely:
- Fridays: 8, 15, 22 & 29 March 2019
- Saturdays: 9, 16, 23 & 30 March 2019
Shuttle Bus Departure Timings from Stations
History of Activation
|Shuttle 22 Activation:|
|March 2019 (EC)||HarbourFront—Dhoby Ghaut (SBST)|
- EC: Early Closure | LO: Late Opening | EEC: Extended Early Closure | SC: Sunday Closure
Charges regular distance fare based on the distance between MRT Stations by rail. Train, bus and hybrid concession passes are accepted, and distance fare rules apply.
|Category||Card Fares||Cash Fares||Concession Passes|
|Adult / Workfare Transport Concession Card holders||Follows MRT Fare structure||$1.00||Train, bus and hybrid concession passes accepted|
|Senior Citizen / Persons with Disabilities Card holders||$0.50|
|Student Concession Card holders||$0.50|
- 2018 (17 Dec): Route announced for March 2019 (HarbourFront – Dhoby Ghaut) as Shuttle 21, differing from the Shuttle 21 route deployed in January, February & March 2019 (Serangoon – Punggol)
- 2018 (25 Feb): March 2019 (HarbourFront – Dhoby Ghaut) route renumbered to Shuttle 22
Also check out:
- Early Closure of East West Line (January 2019)
- Early Closure of North East Line (January – March 2019)
- Early Closure of North East Line (March 2019)