SBS Transit Bus Service 168 is a trunk service plying between Bedok Interchange and Woodlands Interchange, passing through Bedok Reservoir, Tampines estate, Jalan Kayu and Woodlands Avenue 2. Much of this route covers express sector along the TPE/SLE corridor.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↔ Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Bedok North, Tampines, TPE, SLE, Woodlands Ave 2|
|Route Length||30.8km (D1) | 30.1km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)
Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Bedok
||0530 – 2330 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 2330 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from Woodlands||0530 – 2330 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 2330 (Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 05 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 11 mins
1700-1930: 04 – 09 mins
After 1930: 11 – 13 mins
|0630-0830: 06 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 11 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 09 mins
After 1930: 08 – 12 mins
Service 168 is a residential inter-town route connecting Bedok and Tampines towns with Woodlands, via the Tampines Expressway corridor. The route incorporates a long express sector (~20km) between Tampines Avenue 10 and Woodlands Avenue 2 along Tampines Expressway (TPE) and Seletar Expressway (SLE), but with an intermediate stop each at Tampines Expressway Bus Interchange & Jalan Kayu.
As the fastest bus link between Bedok / Tampines and Woodlands, Service 168 benefits from fairly high demand throughout the day and double-decker buses make up the bulk of the fleet. Service 969 offers an alternative route between Tampines and Woodlands, but takes a longer journey via Yishun.
- Tampines Avenue 1 (SAFRA Tampines) → Woodlands Temp Int
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
- 2001 (Apr – Nov): Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 (Nov) – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2001 (14 Apr): Introduced as a trunk service between Bedok Int and Woodlands Regional Int with express sector via TPE/SLE.
- 2001: Enhanced to call at additional pair of stops (68111 & 68119) along Jln Kayu.
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2012 (11 Mar): Calls at new bus stop along Bedok North Interchange (Block 204)
- 2012 (26 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the BSEP scheme
- 2014 (05 Oct): Calls at Tampines Expressway (Punggol Road) Bus Interchange
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to the new Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2015 (08 Nov): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along Tampines Ave 9
- 2016 (12 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Temp Int
- Refer to this article
- 2001: No significant route changes since 2001.
External Links & References: