SBS Transit Townlink Bus Service 222 is a Townlink service operating from Bedok Interchange and looping at Chai Chee Drive, passing through Bedok North, New Upper Changi Road and Chai Chee.
With effect from 01 September 2016, Shortworking Trip 222B was introduced to replace Peak Period Short Service 222P.
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ Chai Chee Drive|
|Passes Through||Bedok North, New Upper Changi Road, Chai Chee|
|BCM Route Package
||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo B10TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from
|0515 – 0040 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 05 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 10 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 09 mins
After 1930: 08 – 13 mins
Townlink Service 222 is the only Townlink service in Bedok, mainly serving residential neighbourhoods and schools along Bedok North Road, Upper Changi Road East and the Chai Chee Estate with connections to Bedok Town Centre. It runs alongside Service 14 for the high demand sectors between Bedok Int and Bedok North Road, while sharing part of its Chai Chee sectors with Service 229.
Unlike most other Townlink services, it does not call at the interchange twice in a single trip, but does call at Bedok MRT near the interchange. From Bedok Town Center, passengers heading towards Chai Chee should board 222 at New Upp Changi Rd (84039 Bedok Stn), while passengers heading towards Bedok North should board at Bedok Interchange.
During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings are extended to 1:00am to complement the extension of train operating hours.
In 2014 (29 April), a Peak Period Short Service (PPSS) variant of this route was introduced: Service 222P duplicates the western loop portion of this route, between Bedok MRT and Chai Chee. The service was renumbered to 222B from 1 Sep 2016 as part of Changes to PPSS in Sep 2016.
- New Upp Changi Road (84031 Bedok Stn) → Bedok Int
0515hrs, 0529hrs (Daily)
- 222A: Bedok Interchange → New Upp Changi Rd (84039 Bedok Stn)
0600 – 0700hrs (Weekdays)
- 222B: Bedok MRT Station ↺ Chai Chee Drive
0700hrs – 0847hrs, 1700hrs – 1955hrs (Weekdays)
Peak Period Short Service Variant (Withdrawn):
- Peak Period Short Service 222P:
Bedok MRT Station ↺ Chai Chee Drive
Introduced 29 Apr 2014, duplicates middle section of 222. Withdrawn since 01 Sep 2016 & replaced by shortworking trip 222B.
Fare: Fares for Townlink Services are capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See above.
|Loop Service (via Chai Chee Dr)|
MRT Stations served by this service:
- 1997 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 1997 (05 Apr): Introduced as Townlink 222 [Bedok Interchange – Chai Chee Drive (Loop)], following merger of Feeder servIces 221 and 229
- 2011 (11 Apr): Shortworking Trip 222A introduced
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2012 (11 Mar): Calls at new bus stop along Bedok North Interchange (Blk 204)
- 2013 (09 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2014 (29 Apr): Route variant 222P introduced
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to the new Bedok Int, skips bus stop along Bedok North Interchange (Blk 204)
- 2016 (01 Sep): Route variant 222P renumbered to 222B, change of operator to SBS Transit Ltd.
External Links & References: