City Direct Service 665 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Marsiling, Woodlands and the CBD, passing through Marsiling Drive, Marsiling Lane, Marsiling Rise, Woodlands Ave 5 and Bras Basah Rd. It is the fifteenth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Route||[AM]: Marsiling Dr (Blk 32) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bdlg)
[PM]: Anson Rd (Mapletree Anson) → Marsiling Dr (Blk 203)
|Passes Through||Marsiling Lane/Rise, Woodlands Ave 5, Bras Basah Rd|
|Current Operator||Bus Hub Service Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private buses|
|Departure Times from Marsiling
||0710 – 0740 (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Departure Times from CBD
||1815 – 1830 (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 5 – 7 mins||1700-1930: 15 mins|
- 2015 (09 Feb): Tender for City Directs 661 to 665 announced; tender closes 09 Mar 2015.
- 2015 (21 Jul): Tender for City Direct 665 awarded to Bus Hub Service Pte Ltd at $3.41 million.
- 2015 (12 Oct): Launch of City Direct 665
- 2016 (4 Jan): Additional AM trip added, AM departure timings revised.
City Direct service 665 provides residents of Marsiling and Woodlands South with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Woodlands Ave 1 and Orchard Rd via SLE & CTE.
This is the fifteenth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
With the introduction of City Direct 665, SMRT Express Service 951E was amended to service Woodlands Ave 5, skipping Woodlands Ave 1 and part of Woodlands Ave 4.
Additional AM Trip
Due to growing demand, a 6th AM forward trip will be added from 4 Jan 2016. The first bus departure timing from Marsiling was brought forward from 0715hrs to 0710hrs, along with adjustment of other AM departure timings of City Direct 665.
- AM Peak from Blk 32, Marsiling Drive: 0710hrs, 0716hrs, 0721hrs, 0727hrs, 0734hrs, 0740hrs
- PM Peak from Mapletree Anson, Anson Rd: 1815hrs, 1830hrs
|Maximum Card Fares per trip:||$2.57||Free||$0.91||$1.35|
|Maximum Cash Fares per trip:||$3.00||$3.00||$3.00||$3.00|
*PWD (Persons with Disabilities Transport Concession Scheme) – $1.35
*WTCS (Workfare Transport Concession Scheme) – $2.13
Fleet: Service 665’s fleet comprises of private buses operated by Bus Hub Service Pte Ltd.
|Direction 1 (Towards CBD)||Direction 2 (Towards Marsiling)|
- 2015 (21 Jul): Tender for City Direct 665 awarded to Bus Hub Service Pte Ltd.
- 2015 (12 Oct) onwards: Bus Hub Service Pte Ltd
External Links & References: