Tower Transit Bus Service 77 is a trunk bus route running between Bukit Batok Bus Interchange and Marina Centre via Toh Tuck, Bukit Timah, Sixth Avenue, Holland Road, Orchard and Dhoby Ghaut.
Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd has taken over operations of this bus service from SMRT Buses since 29 May 2016 under the Bulim Bus Package.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
|Route||Bukit Batok Bus Interchange ↔ Marina Centre Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Toh Tuck, Bukit Timah, Sixth Avenue, Holland Road, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut|
|Route Length||18.8km (D1) | 18.8km (D2)|
|GCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit|
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot (BUDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 2300 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0630 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 09 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 11 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 12 – 13 mins
After 1930: 12 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 12 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 12 – 13 mins
After 1930: 13 – 15 mins
Bus Service 77 serves the residents of Bukit Batok, Toh Tuck, Bukit Timah and Holland, with bus connections to Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut and Marina Centre. It is one of three route serving Sixth Avenue, alongside Service 156 and 970.
Due to low density housing around its catchment areas, demand is limited outside of the City. The route compliments Service 173 between Bukit Batok and Toh Tuck estate, and Service 7 between Holland Road and Dhoby Ghaut.
Formerly an SBS route since 1995, the route was transferred to TIBS in 2000 and has been operated by SMRT until it was re-allocated to the Government Contracting Model (Bulim Bus Package) in May 2016. High capacity articulated / double-deck buses are not deployed due to insufficient demand, and also possibly due to road constraints along Sixth Avenue. The route performs a u-turn at the junction of Dunearn Road and Eng Neo Road towards Marina Centre as buses cannot turn into Sixth Avenue directly from Dunearn Road.
- Upp Bt Timah Rd (Shell Kiosk) → Bukit Batok Int
Weekdays AM Peak hours
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
- 1995 – 2000: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – 28 May 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 29 May 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021.
- 1995: Introduced by SBS as Marina Centre – Farrer Road (Loop)
- 1996: Extended to Bukit Batok Int, skipping Farrer Road.
- 2000 (18 Jun): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Services (TIBS)
- 2012 (01 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2016 (29 May): Operations transferred to Tower Transit from SMRT Buses
- Refer to this article
- 1996: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2004.
External Links & References: