Tower Transit Bus Service 77 is a trunk bus route running between Bukit Batok Bus Interchange and Marina Centre via Toh Tuck, Bukit Timah, Sixth Avenue, Holland Road, Orchard and Dhoby Ghaut.
Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd has taken over operations of this bus service from SMRT Buses since 29 May 2016 under the Bulim Bus Package.
|Bus Service 77: Bukit Batok ↔ Marina Centre|
From Bukit Batok
From Marina Centre
- No Boarding & Alighting at Marina Centre Terminal
|Route||Bukit Batok Bus Interchange ↔ Marina Centre Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Toh Tuck, Bukit Timah, Sixth Avenue, Holland Road, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut|
|Route Length||18.8km (D1) | 18.8km (D2)|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit
(Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot (BUDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from Bukit Batok||0600 – 2300 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Marina Centre||0630 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 10 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 11 – 12 mins
1700-1900: 11 – 14 mins
After 1900: 10 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 11 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 12 mins
1700-1900: 12 – 13 mins
After 1900: 13 – 15 mins
Bus Service 77 serves the residents of Bukit Batok, Toh Tuck, Bukit Timah and Holland, with bus connections to Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut and Marina Centre. It is one of three route serving Sixth Avenue, alongside Service 156 and 970.
Due to low density housing around its catchment areas, demand is limited outside of the City. The route compliments Service 173 between Bukit Batok and Toh Tuck estate, and Service 7 between Holland Road and Dhoby Ghaut.
Formerly an SBS route since 1995, the route was transferred to TIBS in 2000 and has been operated by SMRT until it was re-allocated to the Bus Contracting Model (Bulim Bus Package) in May 2016. High capacity articulated / double-deck buses are not deployed due to insufficient demand, and also possibly due to road constraints along Sixth Avenue. The route performs a u-turn at the junction of Dunearn Road and Eng Neo Road towards Marina Centre as buses cannot turn into Sixth Avenue directly from Dunearn Road.
MRT Stations Served
- NS2 Bukit Batok
- DT5 Beauty World
- DT6 King Albert Park
- CC21 Holland Village
- NS22 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- DT21 Bencoolen
- CC2 Bras Basah
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
- Upp Bt Timah Rd (Pei Hwa Presby Pr Sch) → Bukit Batok Int
Weekdays AM Peak hours
- 1995 – 2000: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – 28 May 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 29 May 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 1995: Introduced by SBS as Marina Centre – Farrer Road (Loop)
- 1996: Extended to Bukit Batok Int, skipping Farrer Road.
- 2000 (18 Jun): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Services (TIBS)
- 2012 (01 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2016 (29 May): Operations transferred to Tower Transit from SMRT Buses
- Refer to this article
- 1996: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2004.