Tower Transit Bus Service 77 is a trunk bus route running between Bukit Batok Bus Interchange and Marina Centre via Toh Tuck, Bukit Timah, Sixth Avenue, Holland Road, Orchard and Dhoby Ghaut.
- No Boarding & Alighting at Marina Centre Terminal
|Route||Bukit Batok Bus Interchange ↔ Marina Centre Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Toh Tuck Rd, Sixth Ave, Holland Rd, Orchard Rd / Orchard Blvd|
|Route Length||Towards Marina Centre: 18.7 km||Towards Bukit Batok: 18.7 km
|Travelling Time||53 – 75 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– MAN A22
– Yutong E12
|Departure Times from Bukit Batok
|06:00 – 23:00|
|Departure Times from Marina Centre
|06:30 – 23:30|
|From Bukit Batok
||12 mins||12 – 15 mins||14 – 15 mins||13 – 15 mins|
|From Marina Centre
||13 – 14 mins||13 – 15 mins||14 – 15 mins||12 – 15 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Bus Service 77 serves the residents of Bukit Batok, Toh Tuck, Bukit Timah and Holland, with bus connections to Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut and Marina Centre. It is one of three route serving Sixth Avenue, alongside Services 156 and 970.
Due to low density housing around its catchment areas, demand is limited outside of the City. The route compliments Service 173 between Bukit Batok and Toh Tuck estate, and Service 7 between Holland Road and Dhoby Ghaut.
Buses on the route performs a u-turn at the junction of Dunearn Road and Eng Neo Road towards Marina Centre as buses cannot turn into Sixth Avenue directly from Dunearn Road.
MRT Stations Served
- NS2 Bukit Batok
- DT5 Beauty World
- DT6 King Albert Park
- CC21 Holland Village
- TE12 Napier
- TE13 Orchard Boulevard
- NS22TE14 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- DT21 Bencoolen
- CC2 Bras Basah
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
- Upp Bt Timah Rd (Pei Hwa Presby Pr Sch) → Bukit Batok Int
Weekdays: 06:40 & 06:58
Gallery (Tower Transit):
Gallery (Tower Transit / F1 Diversion):
Gallery (SMRT Buses):
- 1995 – 2000: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – 28 May 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 29 May 2016 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 1995: Introduced between Marina Ctr Ter and Farrer Rd (Loop)
- 1996: Extended to Bt Batok Int, skipping Farrer Rd
- 1998: Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Highgate Condo along Toh Tuck Rd
- 2000 (18 Jun): Operations transferred to Trans-Island Bus Services (TIBS)
- 2002 (07 Jul): Skips the bus stop outside Orchard Emerald along Orchard Rd
- 2003: Serves new bus stop outside Goh & Goh Bldg along Jln Jurong Kechil
- 2005 (02 Jul): Amended to ply Grange Rd with the partial closure of Somerset Rd
- 2012 (01 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (09 Dec): Amended to ply Upp Bt Timah Rd and Bt Timah Link with the partial closure of Jln Jurong Kechil to facilitate the construction of Beauty World MRT station on the Downtown MRT Line
- 2014 (26 Jan): Amended to ply the reinstated Jln Jurong Kechil, skipping Upp Bt Timah Rd and Bt Timah Link
- 2016 (29 May): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
- 2021 (27 Feb): Amended to the relocated Marina Ctr Ter
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles
4 thoughts on “Tower Transit Bus Service 77”
This bus sometimes displays a huge “77” on the EDS for A22s
Bus 77 this morning never stop at Bencoolen MRT exit bus stop at 10.20am.
Bus was in the Q for number 4 n driver just don’t wait in the Q n drive out to 2nd lane n drive off.
Please ask the the driver don’t do it again. I suppose to reach pan pacific bus stop at 10.25am n made me late for work.
For some reason I never see Citaros on this service at all, just A22s. I understand that they might be more common than Citaros because it’s a Bukit Batok service, but it still should appear from time to time.
Another China born PR BC