SMRT Express Service 854E is an AM-Peak express route between Yishun Interchange and Bedok Interchange, passing through Yio Chu Kang Road, Hougang Ave 2/3 and Eunos Link. Its parent route is Service 854.
|Route||Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange → Bedok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Yio Chu Kang Road, Hougang Ave 2/3, Eunos Link|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)
|Current Fleet||Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
Random buses from 854
|Shifts||Ang Mo Kio: 3 AM|
|Departure Times from T1||06:38am, 07:02am, 07:17am (Weekdays)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 15 – 24 mins
After 1930: –
After 1930: –
Introduced on 9th April 2007, Service 854E provides passengers in Yishun and Hougang with a faster link to industries at Ubi/Eunos and Bedok Interchange. Operating during the weekday morning peak hours, this service charges express fares.
The service only calls at selected bus stops along the route of its parent Service 854 and will travel alternative routes along two sections:
- Seletar Expressway from Lentor Ave to Yio Chu Kang Rd
- Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) from Eunos Link to Bedok North Rd, instead of Sims Ave / New Upp Changi Rd.
Three trips are operated daily, departing Yishun Interchange at 6:38am, 7:02am and 7:17am on weekday mornings.
Service 854E is one of three peak-hour limited-stop services introduced by SMRT between 2006 and 2007, which duplicate their parent service and improve travel times by only calling at bus stops with higher commuter traffic. The other two express services are 188E and 963E.
- SMRT Trunk Service 854
Yishun Temp Interchange ↔ Bedok Interchange
Fare: Charges regular distance-based express fares. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See Above.
- 2007 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2007 (9 Apr): Introduced as a unidirectional peak hour service from Yishun Int to Bedok Int. Departs Yishun Interchange between 6:38am to 7:17am. Charges Express fares under the Distance-Based Fare scheme.
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int
- Refer to this article
- 2007: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2007.
External Links & References: