SMRT Intratown Service 912 is an Intratown service operating from Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange and looping at both Woodlands Avenue 7 and Woodlands Centre Road, passing through Woodlands Drive 50, Woodlands Ring Road, Woodlands Avenue 1 and Woodlands Street 41. It operates as a dual-loop service, calling at Woodlands Temporary Interchange twice in a single trip.
Peak Period Short Service 912P will be replaced by SMRT Bus Service 912M and withdrawn from 01 Sep 2016.
|Route||Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺
Woodlands Avenue 7 / Woodlands Centre Road (Loop)
|Passes Through||Woodlands Dr 50, Ring Rd, Ave 1, St 41|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||MAN NL323F (A22)
|Departure Times from Woodlands
||0530 – 0100 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 05 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 10 mins
1700-1930: 06 – 07 mins
After 1930: 06 – 13 mins
Intratown Service 912 serves residential blocks, schools and public amenities along Woodlands Ave 5, Woodlands Dr 50, Woodlands Ring Rd, Woodlands Ave 1 , Woodlands St 42 and Woodlands Centre Rd, connecting them to transport nodes at Woodlands Regional Centre, such as Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange & Woodlands MRT station. Its primary area of service is Woodlands Neighbourhood 6 & 8 on the East Loop, and Neighbourhood 3, 4 & Woodlands Centre on the West Loop. High capacity articulated buses are deployed on a daily basis due to high demand from residents in the area.
The route serves schools such as Woodlands Primary School, Woodlands Ring Secondary School, MINDS – Woodlands Gardens School, Si Ling Primary School, Fuchun Primary School, Fuchun Secondary School and Marsling Primary School. Other public amenities served include Woodlands Civic Centre, 888 Plaza, Woodlands Galaxy Community Centre (CC), Woodlands Town Garden and Woodlands Train Checkpoint.
Service 912 operates in two loops, where buses will first ply the East Loop (via Woodlands Ave 7) followed by the West Loop (via Woodlands Centre Rd), while calling at Woodlands Temporary Interchange between loops. Terminating trips will operate as Service 912E on the West Loop, indicating that the bus will terminate at Woodlands Temp Int and no longer continue its journey on the East Loop.
There are two separate queue berths at Woodlands Temporary Interchange for Intratown 911; passengers should check their direction of travel before boarding the bus. During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings will be extended to complement the extension of train operating hours.
In 2014, a PPSS variant of this route, 912P, was introduced. It duplicates part of 912’s Checkpoint loop and operates during peak hours only. The service was renumbered to 912M from 1 Sep 2016 as part of Changes to PPSS in Sep 2016.
- Woodlands Temp Int → Woodlands Temp Int [West Loop]
Weekdays & Sat: 0530hrs – 0550hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0540hrs – 0550hrs
- Service 912M: Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Woodlands Street 41
Weekdays: 0600hrs – 0800hrs & 1715hrs – 1915hrs
Peak Period Short Service Variant:
- Peak Period Short Service 912P:
Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Woodlands Street 41
Introduced 14 Apr 2014, duplicates west loop of Service 912. Withdrawn from 01 Sep 2016.
Fare: Fares for Intratown Services are capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares.
Fleet: See Above
|Loop Service (via Woodlands Temp Int)|
- 1996 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1996 (08 Dec): Merged from existing Feeder services 902 and 905, Intra-town service from Woodlands Regional Int to Woodlands Dr 50/Checkpoint Terminus (Loop)
- 1997: Extended to loop at Admiralty MRT station via Woodlands Ring Rd.
- 2003 (16 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Rd and Woodlands Ctr Rd, skipping Woodlands Checkpoint Bus Terminus.
- 2016 (12 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Temp Int
- 2016 (03 Apr): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (01 Sep): Peak Period Short Service 912P renumbered to 912M.
- 1996 (East Loop): Woodlands Reg Int, Woodlands Ave 2, Woodlands Ave 5, Woodlands Dr 50, Woodlands Ave 4, Woodlands Ave 5, Woodlands Ave 2, Woodlands Reg Int
- 1997 (East Loop): Current routing