SBS Transit Bus Service 133 is a trunk service plying between Ang Mo Kio Int and Shenton Way Ter, passing through Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6 and 1, Serangoon, Boon Keng, Lavender, Bugis, Suntec City, Bayfront, Marina Bay and Shenton Way. The service shares the Ang Mo Kio – Shenton Way start/end termini with Service 130.
- No alighting at Shenton Way Bus Terminal
||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↔ Shenton Way Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 / 1, Serangoon, Boon Keng, Lavender, Bugis, Suntec City, Bayfront, Marina Bay|
|Route Length||18.1 km (D1) | 17.8 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
12-meter Double Deck Bus
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio||0530 – 2345 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Shenton Way
||0630 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 09 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 12 mins
1700-1900: 09 – 12 mins
After 1900: 10 – 12 mins
|0630-0830: 11 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 11 mins
1700-1900: 09 mins
After 1900: 10 – 11 mins
Service 133 is an inter-town route connecting the estates of Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon and Bendemeer with many City areas such as Bugis, Suntec City, Marina Bay Sands and Shenton Way, experiencing good demand all-day round with its intra-city and town-city connections. Demand is substantially increased during weekday peak hours due to heavy commute between the estates and City.
The service is one of two routes plying between Ang Mo Kio Int and Shenton Way Ter, the other being Service 130.
During New Year’s Eve, operating hours for Service 133 will be extended with the extension of the last bus timing from Bus Stop 03511 – Aft Bayfront Stn Exit E, Bayfront Avenue towards Ang Mo Kio and Bus Stop 02161 – Promenade Stn, Temasek Avenue towards Shenton Way. Exact last bus hours are announced by SBS Transit closer to New Year’s Eve.
MRT Stations Served:
- EW11 Lavender
- EW12DT14 Bugis
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- NS16 Ang Mo Kio
- NE9 Boon Keng
- NE10 Potong Pasir
- NE11 Woodleigh
- NE12CC13 Serangoon
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
- CE1DT16 Bayfront
- NS27CE2 Marina Bay
- DT17 Downtown
- Raffles Ave (The Esplanade) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0612hrs, 0624hrs, 0636hrs
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0613hrs, 0627hrs, 0640hrs
Sundays / Public Holidays: 0600hrs, 0615hrs, 0630hrs
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- Late 1970s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1978: Introduced by SBS between Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 and North Bridge Road (before Stamford Road) (Loop)
- 1980 (06 Jan): Amended to terminate at Ang Mo Kio Ave 3
- 1981 (05 Jul): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Ter at Ctrl 2
- 1983 (10 Apr): Relocated to AMK Interchange following opening
- 1987 (26 Jul): Amended to terminate at Marina Centre Ter, also amended to ply via CTE/Braddell Rd following the opening of the expressway from its original Lor Chuan route.
- 1988 (10 Jul): Route variant 133A introduced to serve the new Serangoon Estate via Boundary Rd and Serangoon Ave 2, and continuing along 133’s route to Marina Centre
- 1989: Original 133 withdrawn, 133A later renumbered 133
- 1997: Amended to loop at Suntec City, no longer terminating at Marina Centre Terminal.
- 2010 (26 Apr): Extended to Shenton Way Ter via Bayfront Ave & Marina Stn Rd. Route variant 133M introduced from Shenton Way Ter and looping at Temasek Avenue via Raffles Avenue and Temasek Boulevard.
- 2011 (26 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (20 May): Service 133M withdrawn, obsolete after the Circle Line Extension opened.
- 2013 (29 Dec): Post-MCE route amendments: Shenton Way Ter-bound trips to ply Bayfront Ave, Central Blvd and Shenton Way, skipping Marina Station Rd and Prince Edward Rd
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: Amended from Maxwell Rd / Straits View to ply Robinson Rd and Marina Blvd towards Ang Mo Kio, calling at four additional bus stops. Bus stop 03539 Aft Marina Station Road along Central Blvd relocated for Service 133 towards Shenton Way Terminal.
- 2017 (25 Jun): Amended to relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal
- 2018 (11 Mar): Start of operations under Seletar Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.