SBS Transit Bus Service 135 is a trunk route running between Ang Mo Kio and Siglap Road, via Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8 and 1, Serangoon, Upper Aljunied, MacPherson Estate, Paya Lebar, Tanjong Katong and Marine Parade.
|Route||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↺ Siglap Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, Serangoon, Upper Aljunied Road, MacPherson Estate, Paya Lebar, Tanjong Katong, Marine Parade|
|Route Length||33.3 km|
|Traveling Time||140 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– BYD K9
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:30 – 22:35||05:30 – 22:35||05:30 – 22:41|
|Service 135A: Terminates at Marine Parade Rd (Victoria Sch)|
|22:48 – 23:30||22:49 – 23:45||22:57 – 23:45|
|Departure Times from Siglap Rd (Bef Seaside Residences)||Weekdays & Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:45 – 23:30||06:00 – 23:30|
|Weekdays||10 – 11 mins||10 – 13 mins||11 – 14 mins||13 – 15 mins|
|Saturdays||12 – 14 mins||11 – 15 mins||13 – 15 mins||13 – 15 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||15 mins||14 – 16 mins||15 – 16 mins||14 – 15 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 135 serves as a residential route between Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon, MacPherson estate, Tanjong Katong and Marine Parade. Operating as a loop service, it is one of three routes to loop at Siglap Road. The route shares its popular Paya Lebar MRT – Marine Parade connection with Service 43 and 134. The route experiences moderate to high demand all-day route owing to multiple inter-town connections served.
Service 135 will be extended to Kembangan and converted to a bi-directional service by the 4th quarter of 2020, plying Marine Parade Road, East Coast Road and Frankel Avenue. The amendment will provide more residents with connection to Marine Parade (Joo Chiat Estates Updates Newsletter).
MRT Stations Served:
- Siglap Road (Bef Seaside Residences) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 05:45, 05:52, 05:59, 06:06 & 06:13
Saturdays: 05:45 & 06:02
Sundays / Public Holidays: 06:00
Short Trip Service:
- Service 135A: Ang Mo Kio Int → Marine Parade Road (Victoria Sch)
Weekdays: 22:48, 23:02, 23:16 & 23:30
Saturdays: 22:49, 23:03, 23:17, 23:31 & 23:45
Sundays / Public Holidays: 22:57, 23:13, 23:29 & 23:45
- 1974 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1974 (3 Feb): Renumbered from Service 155A which was introduced on 11 Apr 1971. Route plying between Toa Payoh and Bedok Rd
- 1974: Amended to Upp Changi Rd 13.3km Terminal
- 1979: Amended to Upp Changi Rd 15.5km Terminal
- 1980 (15 Jun): Amended to Somapah Ter
- 1981 (5 Jul): Shortened to Marine Parade Ter
- 1983 (26 Dec): Shortened to loop at MacPherson Estate (Circuit Road) from Marine Parade Ter.
- 1987 (19 Apr): Extended to Ang Mo Kio Int
- 2001 (16 Sep): Amended to loop at Siglap Road with the closure of Marine Parade Ter.
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int
- 2003 (16 Mar): Amended to ply Eunos Rd 8 with the partial closure of Paya Lebar Rd to facilitate the construction of Paya Lebar MRT station on the Circle MRT Line.
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to air-conditioned Ang Mo Kio Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2009 (23 Aug): Plies the reinstated Paya Lebar Rd, skipping Eunos Rd 8 towards Ang Mo Kio
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (26 Jun): Amended to Lor Bengkok due to the temporary closure of Circuit Link for Downtown Line construction.
- 2016 (16 Oct): Amended to call at MacPherson Sec Sch, Circuit Rd instead of Kong Hwa Sch, Circuit Rd due to reopening of Circuit Link.
- 2017 (12 Mar): Route Amendment due to realignment of Upp Aljunied Rd
- 2018 (11 Mar): Start of operations under Seletar Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- 2018 (23 Sep): Amended temporarily to ply non-stop along East Coast Parkway and Bedok South Avenue 1 with the partial closure of Siglap Link to facilitate the construction of Siglap MRT station on the Thomson-East Coast MRT Line.
- 2020 (22 Mar): Amended back to ply Siglap Link, skipping East Coast Parkway and Bedok South Avenue 1 with the reopening of the full stretch of Siglap Link.