Go-Ahead Bus Service 136 is a trunk route running from Ang Mo Kio Int and Punggol Temp Int, passing through Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6 and 1, Lorong Chuan, Serangoon Garden Way, Yio Chu Kang Road, Upper Serangoon Road, Sengkang East and Edgefield Plains.
- Bus Service 136 towards both Punggol and Ang Mo Kio duplicates along Serangoon Garden Way. Check the bus destination before boarding.
|Route||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↔ Punggol Temporary Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 and 1, Lor Chuan, S’goon Garden Way, Yio Chu Kang Rd, Upper S’goon Rd, Sengkang East, Edgefield Plains|
|Route Length||16.1 km (D1) | 16.9 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore
(Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio||0545 – 2330 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 2330 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from Punggol||0545 – 2345 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 2345 (Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630 – 0830: 09 – 13 mins
0831 – 1659: 10 – 13 mins
1700 – 1900: 10 – 15 mins
After 1900: 15 – 19 mins
|0630 – 0830: 08 – 15 mins
0831 – 1659: 11 – 16 mins
1700 – 1900: 10 – 11 mins
After 1900: 17 – 20 mins
Service 136 serves as a residential route between Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon Gardens, Upper Serangoon Road, Sengkang East (Rivervale) and Punggol East (Edgefield). The route is unique in having a u-turn at Upper Serangoon Road in the direction of Ang Mo Kio. Despite its unique inter-town route segments, demand remains moderate to weak during off-peak hours; however it still benefits from student demand from various schools in Sengkang and Punggol.
This service calls at Serangoon Garden Circus twice in different directions, i.e. towards Punggol Int and towards Ang Mo Kio Int. Look out for the Electronic Display Signages (EDS) on buses which indicate direction of travel.
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- 1978 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 1978: Introduced by SBS as Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 – Upp Serangoon Rd (Loop), later extended to Upp Serangoon Rd End
- 1980: Amended to Ang Mo Kio Ave 3
- 1981 (05 Jul): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Ter at Ctrl 2
- 1983 (10 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Int
- 1994 (17 Dec): Amended to Hougng Ctrl Int when it opened.
- 1996: Amended to loop at Hougang Ave 6
- 2001 (01 Jan): Amended back to its original loop to Upp Serangoon Road (End)
- 2001 (15 Jul): Amended to ply Yio Chu Kang Road and Boundary Rd instead of Yio Chu Kang Link
- 2002 (17 Feb): Extended to loop along Punggol Place
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int
- 2003 (14 Sep): Amended to loop at Punggol Ctrl (Punggol Stn)
- 2003 (30 Nov): Amended to Punggol Temp Int when it opened.
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to air-conditioned Ang Mo Kio Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. Last bus from Punggol extended from 11.30pm to 11.45pm daily.
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.