SBS Transit Bus Service 160 is a cross-border service plying between Jurong East Bus Interchange and JB Sentral Bus Terminal in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, via the Causeway. The route passes through Bukit Batok Road, Phoenix LRT Station, Woodlands Road, Kranji MRT Station, Woodlands CIQ and Sultan Iskandar CIQ.
Due to the Malaysia Movement Control Order, Service 160 will be diverted and turnaround at Bus Stop 46509 – Marsiling Pk, Woodlands Ctr Rd before heading back towards Jurong East. It will not serve Johor Bahru until the order is lifted.
Service 160 serves the relocated Jurong East Bus Interchange from 6 December 2020.
📶 This Bus Service is Wi-Fi enabled, connect to #FreeWiFi@SBST.
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ JB Sentral Bus Terminal (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Bukit Batok Rd, Phoenix, Woodlands Rd, Kranji MRT, Woodlands CIQ, Sultan Iskandar CIQ|
|Route Length||49.0 km|
|Traveling Time||200 mins (Full Loop, Subject to traffic conditions)|
|BCM Route Package||Bukit Merah Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ulu Pandan Bus Depot (UPDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro (Temporary deployment during Malaysia MCO from 13 Dec 2020)
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Jurong East
|05:30 – 00:00|
|Buses departing Jurong East Int after 23:00 terminates at JB Sentral Bus Ter|
|Departure Times from JB Sentral
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays
|06:42 – 00:09||06:36 – 00:09||06:41 – 00:13|
|*Subject to Traffic Conditions|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Weekdays||15 – 20 mins||12 – 20 mins||14 – 15 mins||15 – 20 mins|
|Saturdays||12 – 16 mins||12 – 16 mins||16 mins||15 – 19 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||14 mins||12 – 15 mins||18 – 20 mins||14 – 18 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Bus Service 160 is a cross-border route connecting Jurong East, Bukit Panjang and Kranji MRT to JB Sentral via the Causeway. The route plies long stretches of Bukit Batok Road and Woodlands Road, providing fast connections between the residential towns of Jurong East, Bukit Panjang and Woodlands Centre.
Due to varying traffic conditions at the Causeway, travel times and waiting times may increase significantly when jams occur.
Between 23:00 – 00:00 daily, buses departing Jurong East Interchange will terminate at JB Sentral Bus Terminal along Jln Jim Quee.
At each checkpoint, passengers have to alight and clear customs before boarding the bus again. When crossing the causeway between Woodlands Checkpoint and Johore Bahru Checkpoint in either direction, commuters may board any SBS Transit bus (either 160, 170 or 170X). However, when leaving from a checkpoint, commuters must re-board Service 160 after clearing customs if they wish to continue their journey and not constitute a transfer.
Tapping out from the bus at a checkpoint will suspend a journey and allow the resumption of a journey afterwards. Cash paying passengers should retain their ticket as proof or payment, and produce it when re-boarding buses at checkpoints.
Approximate Operating Hours at Woodlands Checkpoint
|46101 – Woodlands Checkpoint (Towards JB Sentral)|
|Weekday||Saturday||Sunday / Public Holidays|
|46109 – Woodlands Checkpoint (Towards Jurong East)|
|Weekday||Saturday||Sunday / Public Holidays|
Buses deployed on cross-border routes must be registered with the Suruhanjaya Pengangkutan Awam Darat (SPAD), also known as the Land Public Transport Commission (Malaysia).
Currently, only some Scania K230UBs are SPAD-registered. In accordance with Malaysian regulations, buses must carry relevant documents, be fitted with a third brake light at the rear, and attached with Malaysian stickers dictating the legal speed limit.
Buses operating on Service 160A, 160M or the Service 160 special departure from Bukit Batok Road to Jurong East do not need to be SPAD-Registered as they do not cross the border into Malaysia.
MRT/LRT Stations Served
- Jurong East Int → JB Sentral Bus Terminal
Weekdays: 23:05, 23:20, 23:40 & 00:00
Saturdays: 23:06, 23:22, 23:41 & 00:00
Sundays / Public Holidays: 23:00, 23:14, 23:28, 23:44 & 00:00
- Johor Bahru (Johor Bahru Checkpoint) → Jurong East Int
Weekdays: 05:35, 05:50, 06:05, 06:20, 06:35 & 06:50
Saturdays: 05:50, 06:03, 06:16, 06:29 & 06:42
Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:50, 06:04, 06:18, 06:32 & 06:46
- W’lands Crossing (W’lands Checkpt) → Jurong East Int
- Woodlands Rd (Kranji Stn) → Jurong East Int
Weekdays: 07:38, 07:45, 07:55, 19:00, 20:00 & 20:20
Saturdays: 18:32, 18:58, 19:36, 19:52, 21:47, 22:16 & 22:45
Sundays / Public Holidays: 17:33, 17:59, 18:33, 19:00, 19:34 & 19:50
- Bukit Batok Rd (Blk 402) → Jurong East Int
Weekdays: 06:25, 06:37, 06:53, 07:08, 07:22, 07:36, 07:51, 08:06, 08:21, 08:36, 08:51, 09:06, 09:21, 09:36, 09:51, 10:05, 10:20, 10:38, 10:50, 16:15, 16:27, 16:46, 17:00, 17:15, 17:30, 17:45, 18:02, 18:14, 1830, 1845, 1900, 1915, 1930, 1945, 2000, 2015, 20:30 & 2043
Sundays / Public Holidays: 06:25
Short Trip Service
- Service 160A: Jurong East Int → Bukit Batok Rd (Opp Dunearn Sec Sch)
Weekdays (except Public Holidays)
- Service 160M: Jurong East Int ↺ Bukit Batok Rd
- 2004 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bukit Merah Bus Package.
- 2004 (05 Sep): Introduced as a cross-border service by SBS Transit between Jurong East and Kotaraya II terminal.
- 2008 (16 Dec): Serves additional bus stop (47701) along Jln Tun Abdul Razak towards Kotaraya II Ter
- 2009 (05 Jul): Amended to ply Boon Lay Way with the closure of Jurong East St 12 to facilitate the Jurong East Modification Project (JEMP)
- 2011 (17 Dec): Amended to Jurong East Temp Int
- 2014 (01 Nov): Amended to loop at Jalan Tun Abdul Razak due to the permanent closure of Kotaraya II Terminal
- 2015 (01 Mar): Amended to loop at JB Sentral Terminal, skipping bus stop (47701) along Jalan Tun Abdul Razak.
- 2016 (11 Dec): Serves new (43991) along Woodlands Road
- 2017 (23 Apr): Serves relocated bus stop (43453) along Bukit Batok Road
- 2017 (28 May): Skips abolished bus stop (45081) along Mandai Road
- 2017 (21 Aug): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (25 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Ave 3 and Woodlands Centre Road towards JB Sentral
- 2018 (10 Jun): Serves new bus stop (44999) along Woodlands Road
- 2018 (18 Nov): Start of operations under Bukit Merah Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- 2020 (06 Dec): Amended to relocated Jurong East Int