SBS Transit Bus Service 165 is a trunk service plying between Hougang Central Bus Interchange and Clementi Bus Interchange, passing through Ang Mo Kio, Upper Thomson, Lornie, Farrer, and Ulu Pandan.
Bus Service 165 towards Clementi had been amended to call at a relocated bus stop from Adam Rd to Lornie Highway from 28 October 2018.
||Hougang Central Bus Interchange ↔ Clementi Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Hougang Ave 4/8, Ang Mo Kio, Upp Thomson, Lornie, Farrer, Holland Rd, Clementi Rd, Clementi MRT|
|Route Length||24.7 km (D1) | 23.7 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||95 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)
Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Decker Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Hougang Central
||0530hrs – 2320hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Clementi
||0545hrs – 0000hrs (Weekdays)
0600hrs – 0000hrs (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 08 – 14 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 09 – 17 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 10 – 11 mins
After 1900hrs: 13 – 17 mins
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 10 – 12 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 09 – 14 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 09 – 15 mins
After 1900hrs: 12 – 15 mins
Service 165 is a residential route connecting the towns of Hougang, Ang Mo Kio and Upper Thomson with Farrer and Clementi. Despite being a supplementary connection between its many areas of service, almost all of its route plies along main roads, making it a quicker and more convenient inter-town link as compared to other services.
The route shares its Hougang Central – Clementi termini with Service 147, but plies a much faster route.
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
MRT Stations Served
- Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 (Opp Ang Mo Kio Stn) → Clementi Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0530hrs, 0541hrs
- Thomson Road (Opp MacRitchie Reservoir) → Clementi Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0520hrs, 0534hrs
- 1971– 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Yio Chu Kang Rd Ter and Jln Boon Lay Ter under 1971 Bus Reorganisation, operated by United Bus Company
- 1972 (11 Jun): Amended to ply Upp Cross St with the partial conversion of Havelock Rd to one-way road, skipping Upp Hokien St
- 1973 (01 Nov): Operated by Singapore Bus Service (SBS)
- 1974 (03 Feb): Amended to ply Lornie Rd, Adam Rd, Farrer Rd, Holland Rd, Ulu Pandan Rd and Clementi Rd under 1974 Bus Rationalization
- 1977 (19 Sep): Extended to Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 Ter
- 1978 (01 Jun): Amended to Jurong Int
- 1981 (05 Jul): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Central 2 Ter
- 1983 (10 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Int
- 1986 (01 Jun): Skips the bus stop before Ayer Rajah Rd along Clementi Rd
- 1987 (12 Aug): Skips the bus stop after Joan Rd along Lornie Rd
- 1990 (21 Feb): Skips the bus stop opposite Jasmine Rd along Upp Thomson Rd
- 1990 (01 Jul): Temporary plied between Ang Mo Kio and Boon Lay when Boon Lay Int opened.
- 1990 (07 Jul): Shortened to Clementi Int when Boon Lay MRT Station opened
- 1995 (08 Jan): Extended to Hougang Central Int
- 1998 (24 May): Amended to Hougang Central Temp Int
- 1998: Calls at a new pair of bus stops outside Blk 836 and outside Blk 830A along Hougang Central
- 2001 (20 May): Amended back to Hougang Central Int
- 2001 (01 Nov): Operated by SBS Transit
- 2004: Skips the bus stop outside Nanyang Pr Sch along Farrer Rd
- 2006 (29 Oct): Amended to Clementi Temp Int
- 2009 (19 Apr): Calls at a new pair of bus stops outside Blk 834 and outside Hougang Polyclinic along Hougang Ave 4
- 2011 (26 Nov): Amended to Clementi Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2012 (26 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (28 Oct): Calls at relocated bus stop 41169 Bef Kheam Hock Rd along Lornie Highway (Southbound)
- Refer to this article
- 2018: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2018.