SBS Transit Nite Owl 1N was a unidirectional overnight route running from Marina Centre to Yishun, passing through City Hall, Clarke Quay, Zion Road, Orchard Road, Little India and Ang Mo Kio. It was one of six Nite Owl routes operated by SBS Transit.
Service 1N will be discontinued from 30 June 2022. The service had been suspended since 8 April 2020 amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
→ Yishun Ring Rd
- Different fares apply within HDB towns and between HDB towns.
- No Boarding at Marina Centre Terminal.
|Route||Marina Centre Bus Terminal → Yishun Ring Road (Opp Khatib Stn Exit D)|
|Passes Through||City Hall, Clarke Quay, Zion Road, Orchard Road, Little India, Ang Mo Kio|
|Route Length||34.4 km|
|Travelling Time||81 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan–Toa Payoh Bus Package|
|Former Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Former Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Former Fleet||Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Marina Centre
||Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays|
|00:00 – 02:00|
|From Marina Centre||40 mins|
|Fare||Flat Fare. Transfer benefits from distance fares & monthly concession passes are not applicable.|
|Cash / Card Fares
||Adult, PWD, WTCS||Senior Citizen||Student||Child (card)|
|Between City and HDB town /
Between HDB towns
|Within HDB Town||$1.75||$1.25||$0.85||Free|
|Note||PWD – Persons with Disabilities
WTCS – WorkFare Transport Concession Scheme cardholders
Nite Owl 1N connects the city areas of Marina Centre, City Hall, River Valley, Orchard and Little India with the estates of Ang Mo Kio and Yishun. This service only operates on Fridays, Saturdays, eves of Public Holidays, with four trips on normal operating days. The route has an express sector along the CTE from Bukit Timah Rd to Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, and another express sector along Lentor Ave.
Nite Owl 1N’s route is similar to NightRider NR1 in Yishun Town. However, from the city, Nite Owl 1N takes a shorter time to travel to Yishun as compared to NR1.
During festive periods such as Christmas Eve or New Years’ Eve, operating hours are extended to 4am for the benefit of late-night dwellers.
The service was suspended from 8 April 2020 due to the COVID-19 situation in Singapore. It continued to remain suspended until its discontinuation on 30 June 2022. The last day of operations was on 4 April 2020.
MRT Stations Served:
- NS25EW13 City Hall
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- DT20 Fort Canning
- NS22 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- NE7DT12 Little India
- NS16 Ang Mo Kio
- TE6 Mayflower
- TE5 Lentor
- NS14 Khatib
- From Marina Centre Terminal (Fridays, Saturdays & Eve of Public Holidays):
00:00, 00:40, 01:20 & 02:00
|From (Bus Stop)||To (Bus Stop)||Fare Segment|
|02099 – Raffles Blvd (Marina Ctr Ter)||40011 – Bukit Timah Rd (Little India Stn Exit A)||City|
|54371 – Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 (Blk 409A)||55021 – Yio Chu Kang Rd (Opp Seasons Pk)||HDB Town 1 (Ang Mo Kio)|
|59031 – Yishun Ave 2 (Opp Yishun Sports Hall)||59561 – Yishun Ring Rd (Opp Khatib Stn Exit D)||HDB Town 2 (Yishun)|
- 22 Dec 2006 – 29 Jun 2022: SBS Transit Ltd
- 2006 (22 Dec): Introduced as a unidirectional night service from Marina Centre to Yishun to replace Nite Owl 162M
- 2008 (29 Aug): Serves additional bus stop (59081) along Yishun Ring Rd
- 2016 (28 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (02 Jun): Suspended until further notice
- 2021 (27 Feb): Amended to the relocated Marina Ctr Ter
- 2022 (30 Jun): Service discontinued; last day of operations on 4 April 2020
- 2006: Marina Ctr Ter, Raffles Blvd, Raffles Ave, Stamford Rd, North Bridge Rd, South Bridge Rd, North Canal Rd, Eu Tong Sen St, River Valley Rd, Mohd Sultan Rd, Saiboo St, Havelock Rd, Zion Rd, Hoot Kiam Rd, Paterson Hill, Paterson Rd, Orchard Rd, Prinsep St, Selegie Rd, Bt Timah Rd, CTE, Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, Ang Mo Kio Ave 4, Yio Chu Kang Rd, Lentor Ave, Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun St 61, Yishun Central, Yishun Ave 11 and Yishun Ring Rd.