SBST Feeder Bus Service 231 is a Feeder service operating from Toa Payoh Interchange and looping at Lorong 5 Toa Payoh, via Lorong 1 Toa Payoh and Braddell MRT.
||Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↺ Lorong 5 Toa Payoh (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Lorong 1 Toa Payoh, Lorong 4 Toa Payoh|
|Route Length||6.1 km|
|Travelling Time||35 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan–Toa Payoh Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Toa Payoh
||0505hrs – 0030hrs (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 07 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 13 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 08 mins
After 1900: 07 – 11 mins
Feeder Service 231 serves residential neighbouhoods and schools along Toa Payoh Lorongs 1, 4 and 5 to Braddell MRT station and Toa Payoh Town Centre. Originally operating in a Green/White plate layout, it was replaced with a single Service 231 in 2012 and looped at Lorong 5.
MRT Stations Served
- 1980s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package.
- 1983 (26 Dec): Introduced by SBS between Toa Payoh and Lorong 1 and 4, operating in clockwise and anticlockwise routes (Green & White plates)
- 1998 (31 May): Amended to Toa Payoh Temp Int
- 1999: Calls at a new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Toa Payoh Swim Cplx along Lor 6 Toa Payoh
- 2001 (01 Nov): Operated by SBS Transit
- 2002 (19 May): Amended to Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub
- 2010 (02 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2012 (11 Mar): Amended to loop at Lorong 5 via Lorong 1 and 4, skips bus stops along Lorong 6. Merged into a single route, with no Green/White plates.
- 1983 (Green): Toa Payoh Int, Toa Payoh Lorong 6, Toa Payoh Lorong 4, Toa Payoh Lorong 1, Toa Payoh Lorong 6, Toa Payoh Int
- 1983 (White): Toa Payoh Int, Toa Payoh Lorong 2, Toa Payoh Lorong 1, Toa Payoh Lorong 4, Toa Payoh Lorong 6, Toa Payoh Int
- 2012: Current routing
External Links & References: