SBST Feeder Bus Service 231 is a Feeder service operating from Toa Payoh Interchange and looping at Lorong 5 Toa Payoh, via Lorong 1 Toa Payoh and Braddell MRT.
Toa Payoh Int
↺ Lor 5 Toa Payoh (Loop)
↺ Lor 5 Toa Payoh (Loop)
|Route||Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↺ Lorong 5 Toa Payoh (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Lorong 1 Toa Payoh, Lorong 4 Toa Payoh|
|Route Length||6.1 km|
|Travelling Time||35 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan–Toa Payoh Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Toa Payoh
|05:30 – 00:40|
|Weekdays||7 – 8 mins||7 – 12 mins||7 – 8 mins||7 – 11 mins|
|Saturdays||9 – 11 mins||10 – 13 mins||10 – 12 mins||9 – 12 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||9 – 10 mins||9 – 13 mins||9 – 12 mins||9 – 12 mins|
|Fare||Charges distance fares capped at 3.2km for feeder services.
Feeder Service 231 serves residential neighbouhoods and schools along Toa Payoh Lorongs 1, 4 and 5 to Braddell MRT station and Toa Payoh Town Centre. Originally operating in a Green/White plate layout, it was replaced with a single loop for Service 231 at Lorong 5 Toa Payoh in 2012.
MRT Stations Served
- 2012 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bishan-Toa Payoh Bus Package.
Services 231G / 231W:
- 1983 (26 Dec): Introduced between Toa Payoh Int and Lor 1 Toa Payoh (Loop) via Lor 4 Toa Payoh (231G) / Lor 1 Toa Payoh (231W)
- 1998 (31 May): Amended to Toa Payoh Temp Int; Serves new bus stop opposite Toa Payoh Swim Cplx along Lor 6 Toa Payoh (231G); Serves new bus stop outside Toa Payoh Swim Cplx along Lor 6 Toa Payoh (231W)
- 2002 (19 May): Amended to Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub
- 2010 (02 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2012 (11 Mar): Amended to loop at Lor 5 Toa Payoh and converted to a single plate feeder service, skipping Lor 6 Toa Payoh
- 2012 (11 Mar): Re-numbered from Services 231G/231W as a service between Toa Payoh Int and Lor 5 Toa Payoh (Loop)
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles
One thought on “SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 231”
I boarded the bus 231 on 23 April 2022 about 11am from block from block 163 Lor 1 Toa Payoh and alighted about 11.30am at Oleander Towers, after alighted the bus, I realized one of my baby’s sandal was left on the bus. I believe when someone clean the bus should have found this sandal and kept in lost and found, please let me know how can I get it back.