SBS Transit Bus Service 26 is a trunk service plying between Bedok and Toa Payoh, passing through Chai Chee Drive, Changi Road, Geylang Road, Kallang Bahru and Jalan Toa Payoh.
||Bedok Bus Interchange ↔ Toa Payoh Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Chai Chee St, Geylang Rd, Sims Ave, Kallang Bahru, Jln Toa Payoh|
|Route Length||14.8 km (D1) | 13.6 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– MAN A22 (Euro 6)
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Bedok
||0600hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Toa Payoh
||0545hrs – 2330hrs (Weekdays & Saturdays)
0600hrs – 2330hrs (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630 – 0830: 08 – 09 mins
0831 – 1659: 08 – 13 mins
1700 – 1900: 08 – 10 mins
After 1900: 08 – 13 mins
|0630 – 0830: 07 – 10 mins
0831 – 1659: 08 – 11 mins
1700 – 1900: 09 – 10 mins
After 1900: 09 – 13 mins
Bus Service 26 is a inter-town route between Toa Payoh and Bedok, passing through Bendemeer, Geylang Bahru, Kallang, Geylang, Paya Lebar and Eunos. The route duplicates the East-West Line between Kallang and Kembangan, a sector also shared by Service 2, 67 and many more routes over shorter sectors of Sims Avenue and Changi/Geylang Road.
With multiple parallel routes, demand for this service is low to moderate during offpeak hours between Kallang and Kembangan, and hence mainly serves as a route for Toa Payoh and Geylang Bahru residents heading to Sims Avenue and Geylang and a supplementary route in other areas. During peak hours, the route compliments well with heavy demand between Kallang and Bedok.
Route Amendment (12 June 2016)
Bus Service 26 was amended to serve Chai Chee estate from 12 June 2016, serving 5 pairs of new bus stops along Chai Chee Drive and Chai Chee Street. The amendment benefits residents in Chai Chee estate with a direct link to Kembangan MRT Station as well as other amenities along Bus Service 26’s route.
With this amendment, Bus Service 26 will no longer call at Bus Stops 84021 & 84029, New Upp Changi Rd – Blk 32 & Opp Blk 32 respectively as well at Bus Stops 84011 & 84019, New Upp Changi Rd – Chai Chee Ind Pk & Opp Chai Chee Ind Pk respectively.
Previously, only Townlink Bus Service 222 & Peak Period Short Service 222P served Chai Chee estate.
MRT Stations Served:
- EW5 Bedok
- EW6 Kembangan
- EW7 Eunos
- EW8CC9 Paya Lebar
- EW9 Aljunied
- EW10 Kallang
- DT24 Geylang Bahru
- NS19 Toa Payoh
- Jalan Toa Payoh (Aft Blk 195) → Bedok Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0530hrs, 0539hrs
- Changi Road (Aft Lor 106 Changi) → Toa Payoh Int
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1980s– 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package.
- 1980s: Introduced as Bedok – Bendemeer Road (Loop)
- 1989: Extended to Toa Payoh Int, merging with Service 148
- 1994: Amended to ply Jln Kolam Ayer, Bendemeer Rd, Whampoa North and Serangoon Rd instead of plying on Woodsville flyover.
- 1998 (31 May): Amended to Toa Payoh Temp Int
- 2002 (19 May): Amended to air-conditioned Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2003 (04 May): Amended to ply Geylang Bahru, Bendemeer Rd and Whampoa East instead of Jln Kolam Ayer.
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2011 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2016 (12 Jun): Amended to serve Chai Chee estate
- Refer to this article
- 2016: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2016