SMRT Bus Service 67 is a trunk route linking Choa Chu Kang and Tampines via Bukit Panjang, Upper Bukit Timah, Bukit Timah, Little India, Kallang, Sims Avenue and Bedok North. Much of the route duplicates the East-West Line and Downtown Line.
||Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↔ Tampines Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Upper Bukit Timah, Bukit Timah, Little India, Kallang, Paya Lebar, Bedok, Bedok North|
|Route Length||33.1 km (D1) | 33.2 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||150 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang
||0530 – 2300 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Tampines
||0530 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 06 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 12 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 11 mins
After 1900: 09 – 13 mins
|0630-0830: 07 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 11 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 12 mins
After 1900: 09 – 12 mins
Service 67 is a long trunk route spanning East to West, plying between Choa Chu Kang and Tampines. Its major areas of service are along Upper Bukit Timah Road, Bukit Timah Road and Sims Way / Geylang Road. It also provides connection from Little India and Geylang to outlying estates, making it an popular connecting route for commuters heading to Little India. It is also the fastest bus connection between Tampines and Bedok MRT stations.
From Choa Chu Kang, the route duplicates the Bukit Panjang LRT to Bukit Panjang, then plying the full stretch of Upper Bukit Timah Road and Bukit Timah Road to Little India. It continues from Lavender Street to Kallang, duplicating the East-West Line to Bedok, then heading to Tampines via Bedok North and Reservoir. Much of its route (from Bukit Panjang to Little India) duplicates the Downtown Line Stage 2. Many other bus services also share its Upper Bukit Timah Road and Sims Avenue/Geylang Road sectors.
On weekends, demand between Little India and Geylang is very high due to migrant workers commuting between their dormitories and Little India, and mid-route departures (“downroutes”) from Little India towards Tampines are common. On Sundays & Public Holidays, two additional departures at 2355hrs and 0010hrs (the next day) from Little India towards Tampines cater to late-night dwellers after the last bus from Choa Chu Kang has departed.
With low branches along Bt Timah Rd pruned by NEA in January 2015, the single-deck fleet restriction was removed, hence allowing double-deck buses to be deployed. High capacity Double deck buses were deployed on a regular basis since February 2015.
- Sims Avenue (Aft Tanjong Katong Cplx) → Tampines Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0545hrs onwards
Sundays/PHs: 0600hrs onwards + weekend evenings
- Bukit Timah Road (Little India Stn) → Tampines Int
Sundays/PHs: Evenings, 2355, 0010 (the next day)
Also frequently deployed on weekend nights
- Sims Avenue (Aft Sims Way) → Choa Chu Kang Int
- Upp Bukit Timah Road (Pei Hwa Presby Pr Sch) → Choa Chu Kang Int
Weekdays: 0615hrs onwards
- Choa Chu Kang Road (Opp Blk 26) → Choa Chu Kang Int
Daily: 0600hrs onwards
Short Trip Services
- Service 67W: Tampines Int → Bt Timah Rd (Little India Stn Exit A)
Sundays & Public Holidays: 1558hrs – 1715hrs
Service 67W relieves high demand in the direction of Little India during the afternoons and evenings of weekends.
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- NS4BP1 Choa Chu Kang
- BP2 South View
- BP3 Keat Hong
- BP4 Teck Whye
- BP5 Phoenix
- DT1BP6 Bukit Panjang
- DT2 Cashew
- DT3 Hillview
- DT5 Beauty World
- DT6 King Albert Park
- DT7 Sixth Avenue
- DT8 Tan Kah Kee
- DT9CC19 Botanic Gardens
- DT10 Stevens
- DT11NS21 Newton
- DT12NE7 Little India
- NE8 Farrer Park
- DT13 Rochor
- DT22 Jalan Besar
- EW10 Kallang
- EW9 Aljunied
- EW8CC9 Paya Lebar
- EW7 Eunos
- EW6 Kembangan
- EW5 Bedok
- EW2DT32 Tampines
- 1991 – 1999: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1999 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 1991 (26 May): Introduced by SBS between Tampines Int and Choa Chu Kang Int, with express sector between Tampines Ave 5 and Jln Kolam Ayer
- 1993: Merged with service 4, amended to ply Tampines Ave 5 & 1, Bedok North Ave 3, New Upper Changi Road, Changi Road and Lavender St.
- 1999 (26 Dec): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (15 Feb): Alexander Dennis Double Decker Buses deployed.
- 2015 (11 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (28 Oct): Calls at temporary co-sharing bus stop 40031 Newton FC along Bukit Timah Rd
- 2018 (16 Dec): Calls at relocated Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange
- 2019 (24 Feb): Calls at reinstated bus stop 40021 – Bef Winstedt Rd along Bukit Timah Rd
- Refer to this article
- 1993: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1993.