SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 268 operates between Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot and Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5, passing through Yio Chu Kang MRT Station, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 9, 4, 3 and Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2.
↺ Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Loop)
- No boarding and alighting at Ang Mo Kio Depot.
|Route||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot ↺ Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 9, Ang Mo Kio Ave 4, Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, Ang Mo Kio Ind Pk 2|
|Route Length||17.2 km|
|Travelling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
|05:29 – 00:09|
|Weekdays||6 – 8 mins||7 – 13 mins||7 – 8 mins||7 – 14 mins|
|Saturdays||8 – 9 mins||8 – 12 mins||9 – 11 mins||9 – 11 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||11 – 13 mins||10 – 13 mins||12 – 13 mins||11 – 13 mins|
|Fare||Charges distance fares capped at 3.2km for feeder services.
Feeder Bus Service 268 serves Ang Mo Kio Neighbourhoods 1, 2, 6 and Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 with connections to Ang Mo Kio Town Centre, Yio Chu Kang station, and various other public amenities. It is the only Ang Mo Kio Townlink/Feeder route which does not call at Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange. Instead, it only calls at a pair of bus stops outside Ang Mo Kio MRT Station. Along with Feeder Bus Service 265, it is one of only two Feeder Bus Routes to start from a bus depot.
As an industrial service, demand is very strong during peak hours between Ang Mo Kio MRT and Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park II. Additional trips in the morning performed by Short Trip Service 268A help to increase capacity and frequency. Portions of its residential route are shared with Services 76 and 269, which help to relieve high demand.
As no boarding and alighting is allowed at Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot, the first stop of this route is 55239 SBST Ang Mo Kio Depot along AMK St 63, and the last stop is 55231 Opp SBST Ang Mo Kio Depot along AMK St 63.
In 2014, a Peak Period Short Service variant of this route, 268P, was introduced. It duplicated Service 268’s route between Yio Chu Kang MRT and Ang Mo Kio MRT and operates during peak hours only. The service was renumbered and split into Short Trip Services 268B & 268C from 1 Sep 2016 as part of Changes to PPSS in Sep 2016.
The Townlink branding for Service 268 was dropped in August 2018.
MRT Stations Served:
- Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (Blk 700B) → Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 → Ang Mo Kio Depot
Weekdays: 05:30, 05:38, 17:41, 18:11, 18:59 & 19:16
Saturdays: 05:30 & 05:38
Short Trip Services:
- Service 268A: Ang Mo Kio Depot → Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Techplace 2)
Weekdays: 06:46 – 07:45
- Service 268A (Special Departures): Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (Blk 700B) → Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Techplace 2)
Weekdays: 08:31 – 09:23
- Service 268B: Ang Mo Kio Ave 9 (Opp AMK Police Div HQ) → Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (Aft Ang Mo Kio Stn Exit A)
Weekdays: 06:42 – 07:58 & 18:02 – 19:25
- Service 268C: Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (Opp Ang Mo Kio Stn) → Ang Mo Kio Ave 9 (AMK Police Div HQ)
Weekdays: 07:04 – 08:18 & 17:00 – 18:48
- 1997 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1997 (20 Apr): Re-numbered from Service 263 as a service between Ang Mo Kio Depot and Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 (Loop)
- 2002 (24 Mar): Integrated with Service 267 and extended to ply Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2, Ang Mo Kio Ave 12, Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2, Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 and Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2
- 2003 (03 Aug): Amended to ply Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 with the partial closure of Ang Mo Kio Ave 12
- 2005 (01 Dec): Amended to ply Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 with the partial closure of Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2
- 2008 (02 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2018 (11 Mar): Start of operations under Seletar Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- 2018 (12 Aug): Townlink branding dropped, re-branded as a Feeder Bus Service.
Back to Bus Services