SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 268 is a Feeder service running between Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot, Yio Chu Kang MRT Station, Ang Mo Kio MRT Station and Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2, looping at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5. It passes through Ang Mo Kio Avenue 9, 4, 3, Ang Mo Kio MRT and Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2.
Along with Feeder Bus Service 265, it is one of only two Feeder Bus Routes to start from a bus depot.
- No boarding and alighting at Ang Mo Kio Depot.
||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot ↺ Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||AMK Ave 9, 4, 3, AMK MRT, AMK Industrial Park 2|
|Route Length||17.2 km|
|Travelling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
||0530 – 0010 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 04 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 13 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 09 mins
After 1900: 07 – 13 mins
Feeder Bus Service 268 serves Ang Mo Kio Neighbourhoods 1, 2, 6 and Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 with connections to Ang Mo Kio Town Centre, Yio Chu Kang station, and various other public amenities. It is the only Ang Mo Kio Townlink/Feeder route which does not call at Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange. Instead, it only calls at a pair of bus stops outside Ang Mo Kio MRT Station.
As an industrial service, demand is very strong during peak hours between Ang Mo Kio MRT and Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park II. Additional trips in the morning performed by Short Trip Service 268A help to increase capacity and frequency. Portions of its residential route are shared with Services 76 and 269, which help to relieve high demand.
As no boarding and alighting is allowed at Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot, the first stop of this route is 55239 SBST Ang Mo Kio Depot along AMK St 63, and the last stop is 55231 Opp SBST Ang Mo Kio Depot along AMK St 63.
In 2014, a Peak Period Short Service variant of this route, 268P, was introduced. It duplicates Service 268’s route between Yio Chu Kang MRT and Ang Mo Kio MRT and operates during peak hours only. The service was renumbered and split into Short Trip Services 268B & 268C from 1 Sep 2016 as part of Changes to PPSS in Sep 2016.
The Townlink branding for Service 268 was dropped in August 2018.
MRT Stations served by this route:
- Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (Blk 700B) → Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 → Ang Mo Kio Depot
Weekdays & Sat: 0530hrs, 0538hrs + Weekdays PM Peak
- Service 268A: Ang Mo Kio Depot → Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Techplace 2)
Weekdays AM Peak hours, 0646hrs – 0846hrs. Frequency of 11 – 29 mins
- Service 268B: Ang Mo Kio Ave 9 (Opp AMK Police Div HQ) → Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 (Ang Mo Kio Stn)
Weekday Peak Hours, 0630hrs – 0813hrs & 1755hrs – 1901hrs.
- Service 268C: Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 (Opp Ang Mo Kio Stn) → Ang Mo Kio Ave 9 (AMK Police Div HQ)
Weekday Peak Hours, 0701hrs – 0808hrs & 1658hrs – 1839hrs.
- 1980 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1980: Introduced as Service 263 plying between Ang Mo Kio Ind Park 2 and Ang Mo Kio St 61. Later amended to Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 & 9 that same year.
- 1981: Amended to start from Ang Mo Kio Depot
- 1983: Amended to loop to Ang Mo Kio Ind Park 2
- 1984: Amended to serve Ang Mo Kio St 62/63/64
- 1997 (20 Apr): Directly renumbered to Service 268, given Townlink status
- 2002 (24 Mar): Merged with Service 267 with the opening of Ang Mo Kio Temp Int to serve Ang Mo Kio Ave 12.
- 2003 (27 Jul): Skipped Ang Mo Kio Ave 12 & 5 and part of Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 with the closure of Ang Mo Kio Ave 12
- 2003 (03 Aug): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 and Ang Mo Kio Ave 5.
- 2005 (01 Dec): Extended to ply Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 in the direction of AMK Ind Pk (Techplace II) due to redevelopment of a section of Ang Mo Kio Ind Park 2
- 2008 (01 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2014 (06 May): Peak Period Short Service route variant 268P introduced
- 2016 (01 Sep): Peak Period Short Service route variant 268P converted to shortworking trips 268B & 268C.
- 2018 (11 Mar): Start of operations under Seletar Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- 2018 (12 Aug): Townlink branding dropped, re-branded as a Feeder Bus Service.
- 1980: Ang Mo Kio Ind. Pk II (/s Blk 5093), AMK Ave 3, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 9, AMK St 61, AMK Ave 6, AMK Ave 9, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ind Pk II
- 1982: Ang Mo Kio Depot, AMK Ave 9, AMK St 61, AMK Ave 6, AMK Ave 9, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ind Pk 2. Return direction from AMK Ind Pk 2 via AMK Ave 3, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 9, AMK St 61, AMK Ave 6, AMK Ave 9, Ang Mo Kio Depot
- 1984: Ang Mo Kio Depot, AMK St 63, AMK St 64, AMK St 62, AMK Ave 9, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ind Pk 2, (U-turn at Blk 5094), AMK Ind Pk 2, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 9, AMK St 62, AMK St 64, AMK St 63, Ang Mo Kio Depot
- 2002: Ang Mo Kio Depot, AMK St 63, AMK St 64, AMK St 62, AMK Ave 9, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ind Pk 2, AMK Ave 5, AMK Ind Pk 2, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 9, AMK St 62, AMK St 64, AMK St 63, Ang Mo Kio Depot
- 2005: Amended to current routing. No major amendments since 2005.
External Links & References: