SMRT Bus Service 75 is a trunk route linking Bukit Panjang with Marina Centre, via Cashew Road, Upper Bukit Timah, Clementi Road, Ulu Pandan, Holland Road, Outram Park and Robinson Road.
- No boarding and alighting at Bt Panjang Temporary Bus Pk as well as Marina Centre Terminal.
||Bukit Panjang Temporary Bus Park ↔ Marina Centre Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Cashew Road, Upper Bukit Timah, Clementi Road, Ulu Pandan, Holland Road, Outram Park, Robinson Road|
|Route Length||27.7 km (D1) | 25.3 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang–Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Pk
||0525 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Marina Centre
||0615 – 2345 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0630 – 2345 (Sunday/PHs)
|0630 – 0830: 04 – 09 mins
0831 – 1659: 08 – 14 mins
1700 – 1900: 11 – 14 mins
After 1900: 13 – 16 mins
|0630 – 0830: 09 – 12 mins
0831 – 1659: 07 – 13 mins
1700 – 1900: 08 – 15 mins
After 1900: 13 – 15 mins
Service 75 connects the West to the Central areas, serving residents of Bukit Panjang, Upper Bukit Timah and Holland with connections to the City areas of Grange Road, Great World, Outram Park, Shenton Way, Fullerton and Marina Centre. It is also the only bus service to ply Grange Road. The long detour along the outskirts of the City offers unique connections between various points of its route.
From Bukit Panjang, Service 75 compliments Service 184 to Clementi Road, a sector of high demand during peak periods with demand from various educational institutes along Clementi Road, such as Ngee Ann Polytechnic and Singapore University of Social Sciences. It also provides daily bus connections between Marina Centre and the Shenton Way district, although this unique sector does not appear to be well-utilized.
Formerly an SBS route since 1981, the route was transferred to TIBS in 1995 and has been operated by SMRT ever since. High-capacity articulated/double-deck buses are not deployed due to insufficient demand.
As part of the Bus Service Amendments for Bukit Panjang ITH Opening, Bus Service 75 will still continue to operate from Bt Panjang Temp Bus Pk with additional calling stops along Woodlands Rd and changes in stopping point along Jelebu Rd despite the opening of Bukit Panjang Integrated Transport Hub on 04 Sep 2017. It will also likely be extended to Gali Batu Bus Terminal in the future.
- Outram Rd (Opp Outram Pk Stn) → Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Pk
Short Trip Service
- Service 75A: Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Pk → Clementi Road (Opp SIM HQ)
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- BP7 Petir
- DT1BP6 Bukit Panjang
- DT2 Cashew
- DT3 Hillview
- DT5 Beauty World
- CC21 Holland Village
- EW16NE3 Outram Park
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- EW14NS26 Raffles Place
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1981 – 1995: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1995 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 1981: Introduced by SBS between Clementi and Empress Place, peak hour semi-express service. Later made to loop at Empress Place.
- 1984: Converted to full-day trunk service
- 1986 (30 Nov): Extended to Marina Centre
- 1988: Amended to serve Clementi Ave 3. Later extended to serve Choa Chu Kang Town that same year, terminating at Choa Chu Kang Ter.
- 1990 (10 Mar): Amended to Choa Chu Kang Int
- 1990 (16 Dec): Amended to Choa Chu Kang Way, skipping Choa Chu Kang Ave 4 and Choa Chu Kang Dr
- 1993 (03 Jan): Amended to Bukit Panjang Ter
- 1995: Handed over to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS)
- 1999 (26 Dec): Amended to Bt Panjang Int
- 2012 (01 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (16 Dec): Diverted to Bt Panjang Temp Bus Park with the closure of Bukit Panjang Int. Route amended to Bt Panjang Rd and Jelebu Rd
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2016 (01 May): Amended to Esplanade Dr instead of St Andrews Rd. (Main Article)
- 2017 (04 Sep): Change in stopping point along Jelebu Rd & Additional pair of bus stops called along Woodlands Rd
- Refer to this article
- 2016: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2016.