SBS Transit Bus Service 10 is a trunk service plying between Tampines and Kent Ridge, passing through East Coast, Old Airport, Shenton Way and Pasir Panjang. During weekday peak hours, a fast-forward route variant (Service 10e) is also operated.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 10: Tampines ↔ Kent Ridge
Towards Kent Ridge
||Tampines Bus Interchange ↔ Kent Ridge Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Simpang Bedok, Upper East Coast, East Coast, Tanjong Katong, Shenton Way, HarbourFront, Telok Blangah, Pasir Panjang|
|Route Length||31.7 km (D1) | 31.7 km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||85 – 135 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Scania K230UB
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Volvo B10M Mark IV
|Departure Times from Tampines||0500 – 2300 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Kent Ridge
||0600 – 0000 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0615 – 0000 (Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 17 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 15 mins
After 1900: 11 – 18 mins
|0630-0830: 10 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 16 mins
1700-1900: 09 – 13 mins
After 1900: 12 – 20 mins
Service 10 is a trunk route spanning East and West, connecting the housing estates and suburbs of Tampines, Upper East Coast, East Coast and Pasir Panjang with the City areas of HarbourFront, Shenton Way and Nicoll Highway. Much of its current route has been retained ever since the 1970s.
Weekday peak-hour demand is strong, with many residents at East Coast and Old Airport relying on this service and its Fast-Forward variant (10e) to commute between home and the Shenton Way business district. Demand between Kent Ridge and the CBD is weaker. Before the opening of the Circle Line Stage 4/5, this service was highly popular for students of NUS, commuting between HarbourFront and Kent Ridge.
Off-peak demand is moderate to weak, mostly from shuttling residents between HarbourFront, East Coast, Upper East Coast and Tampines. Weekend frequencies are generally poor as SBS Transit adds resources preferentially to Service 14, which also plies East Coast but connects to the Orchard shopping district.
Trivia: Service 10 is one of only three trunk routes to start at 5:00am (alongside Service 119 and 154), but the only one to start at 5:00am daily.
- Mountbatten Road (Mountbatten Voc Sch) → Tampines Interchange
Weekdays: 0615hrs, 0625hrs, 0634hrs
MRT Stations Served:
- Raffles Place
- Tanjong Pagar
- Nicoll Highway
- Haw Par Villa
- Pasir Panjang
- Labrador Park
- Telok Blangah
- SBS Transit Fast Forward 10e
Bedok Road ⇄ Anson Rd / Shenton Way
Fleet: See Above.
- 1971 – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Bedok Rd/Upper Changi Road and Prince Edward Rd, via East Coast Rd and operated by Associated Bus Services. Later extended to Shipyard Rd (Jurong Industrial Estate) that same year.
- 1973: Extended to Upper Changi Road 13.3km, near the current Anglican High School.
- ???: Terminus relocated to Upper Changi Road 15.5km
- 1978: Amended to Jurong Bus Interchange, near Jurong Port Road and Jln Ahmad Ibrahim
- 1979: Amended to Bedok Interchange from Chai Chee Ter
- 1980 (15 Jun): Extended to Somapah Interchange, near the current Singapore Expo (Upp Changi Rd 15.5km)
- 1984: Extended to Tampines Ave 5 (Roadside) Terminal.
- 1987 (25 Nov): Extended to Tampines Bus Interchange.
- 1990 (01 Jul): Shortened to Clementi Int with the closure of Jurong Interchange.
- 1994: Amended to ply Tanjong Katong Road, Dunman Road and Old Airport Road instead of the full stretch of Mountbatten Road.
- 1999 (07 Mar): Shortened to Kent Ridge Terminal.
- 1999-2001: Amended to Esplanade Dr (Esplanade Bridge), skipping Empress Place
- 2004 (20 Apr) to 2004 (06 Dec): Diverted via Kallang Road due to the collapse of Nicoll Highway.
- 2006 (19 Mar) to 2008 (28 Dec): Diverted via Cassia Link, Guillemard Rd and Guillemard Camp Rd in both directions due to the construction of Dakota MRT Station.
- 2005 (19 Sep): Introduction of peak-hour variant Fast-Forward 10e.
- Refer to this article
- 1999: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1999.