SBS Transit Bus Service 135 is a trunk route running from Ang Mo Kio and looping at Siglap Road, going via Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8 and 1, Serangoon, Upper Aljunied, MacPherson Estate, Paya Lebar, Tanjong Katong and Marine Parade.
Bus Service 135 will be amended with the realignment of Upp Aljunied Rd from 12 Mar 2017
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 135: Ang Mo Kio ↺ Siglap Rd (Loop)
||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↺ Siglap Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, Serangoon, Upper Aljunied, MacPherson Estate, Paya Lebar, Tanjong Katong, Marine Parade|
|Route Length||33.1 km|
|Traveling Time||140 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio
0530 – 2235 (Full Loop)
2248 – 2330 (135A | Terminates at Victoria Sch, Marine Parade Rd)
0530 – 2235 (Full Loop)
2249 – 2345 (135A | Terminates at Victoria Sch, Marine Parade Rd)
Sundays & PHs:
0530 – 2241 (Full Loop)
2257 – 2345 (135A | Terminates at Victoria Sch, Marine Parade Rd)
|Departure Times from Siglap Rd (Looping Point)
||From Siglap Road (Opp Mandarin Gdns):
Weekdays & Sat: 0545 – 2330
Sundays/PHs: 0600 – 2330
|0630-0830: 10 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 13 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 17 mins
After 1900: 13 – 17 mins
Service 135 serves as a residential route between Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon, MacPherson estate, Tanjong Katong and Marine Parade. Operating as a loop service, it is one of three routes to loop at Siglap Road. The route shares its popular Paya Lebar MRT – Marine Parade connection with Service 43 and 134. The route experiences moderate to high demand all-day route owing to multiple inter-town connections served.
MRT Stations Served:
- Siglap Road (Opp Mandarin Gardens) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0553hrs, 0602hrs, 0610hrs
Saturdays: 0545hrs, 0602hrs
- Service 135A: Ang Mo Kio Int → Marine Parade Road (Victoria Sch)
Weekdays: 2248hrs, 2302hrs, 2316hrs, 2330hrs
Saturdays: 2249hrs, 2303hrs, 2317hrs, 2331hrs, 2345hrs
Sundays/PHs: 2257hrs, 2313hrs, 2329hrs, 2345hrs
Fleet: See Above
- 1974 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2018 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1974: Renumbered from Service 155A which was introduced on 11 Apr 1971.Route plying between Toa Payoh and Bedok Rd/Upp Changi Rd
- Relocated twice to Upp Changi Rd 13.3km and 15.5km.
- 1980: Amended to Somapah Ter
- 1981: Extended to Marine Parade Ter
- 1983: Re-routed to loop at MacPherson Estate from Marine Parade Ter.
- 1986: Extended to Ang Mo Kio Int
- 2001 (16 Sep): Amended to loop at Siglap Link with the closure of Marine Parade Terminal.
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to air-conditioned Ang Mo Kio Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2009 (23 Aug): Plies the reinstated Paya Lebar Rd, skipping Eunos Rd 8 towards Ang Mo Kio
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (26 Jun): Amended to Lor Bengkok due to the temporary closure of Circuit Link for Downtown Line construction.
- 2016 (16 Oct): Amended to call at MacPherson Sec Sch, Circuit Rd instead of Kong Hwa Sch, Circuit Rd due to reopening of Circuit Link.
- 2017 (12 Mar): Route Amendment due to realignment of Upp Aljunied Rd
- Refer to this article
- 2001: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2001.