SBS Transit Bus Service 160 is a cross-border service plying between Jurong East Interchange and JB Sentral in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. The route passes through Bukit Batok Rd, Phoenix, Woodlands Road, Kranji MRT, Woodlands CIQ and Sultan Iskandar CIQ.
Bus Service 160 will call at relocated bus stop along Bukit Batok Rd from 23 Apr 2017.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 160: Jurong East ↺ JB Sentral
|From Jurong East
||Looping at JB Sentral
- ORANGE denotes roads in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- From 2300hrs onwards, buses leaving Jurong East Temp Int will terminate at Jln Jim Quee – JB Sentral Bus Ter.
||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ JB Sentral Bus Terminal (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Bukit Batok Rd, Phoenix, Woodlands Rd, Kranji MRT, Woodlands CIQ, Sultan Iskandar CIQ|
|Route Length||48.4 km|
|Travelling Time||200 mins (Full Loop, Subject to traffic conditions)|
|BCM Route Package||Bukit Merah Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)|
|Current Flee||Suruhanjaya Pengangkutan Awam Darat (SPAD) Registered 12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Jurong East
||0510 – 2259 (Daily | Full Loop)
2300 – 0000 (Daily | Terminating at JB Sentral)
|Departure Times from JB Sentral
||0642 – 0009 (Weekdays)
0636 – 0009 (Saturdays)
0641 – 0013 (Sundays / Public Holidays)
** Subject to Traffic Conditions
|0630-0830: 12 – 16 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 17 mins
1700-1900: 19 – 19 mins
After 1900: 15 – 20 mins
** Subject to Traffic Conditions
Service 160 is a cross-border route connecting Jurong East, Bukit Panjang and Kranji MRT to JB Sentral via Woodlands Checkpoint crossing. The route plies long stretches of Bukit Batok Road and Woodlands Road, providing fast connections between the residential towns of Jurong East, Bukit Panjang and Woodlands Centre.
At each checkpoint, rides will be suspended and passengers have to alight and clear customs before boarding the bus again. For re-boarding from Woodlands Checkpoint to Johore Bahru CIQ and vice versa, commuters may board any bus from 160, 170 or 170X. However, commuters must board back buses from Service 160 after the respective checkpoints if they wish to continue their journey and not pay for a transfer.
Due to varying traffic conditions at the Causeway, travel times and waiting times may increase significantly when jams occur. JB-registered buses may be pulled over from other bus services should there be a need to increase buses on this route.
This bus service regularly diverts via Woodlands Ave 3 / Woodlands Centre Road towards Johor Bahru when Woodlands Road is severely congested.
From 2300hrs onwards, buses leaving Jurong East Temp Int will terminate at Jln Jim Quee – JB Sentral Bus Ter.
MRT/LRT Stations Served:
- Johor Bahru (Johor Bahru Checkpoint) → Jurong East
Weekdays: 0535hrs, 0550hrs, 0605hrs, 0620hrs, 0635hrs, 0650hrs
Saturdays: 0550hrs, 0603hrs, 0616hrs, 0629hrs, 0642hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0550hrs, 0604hrs, 0618hrs, 0632hrs, 0646hrs
- W’lands Crossing (W’lands Checkpt) → Jurong East
Fleet: Service 160′s fleet comprises of a full fleet of JB-registered Scania K230UBs.
Route limitations: Only SPAD-registered single-deck buses are allowed on cross border routes. Currently, only some Scania K230UBs are SPAD-registered. In accordance with Malaysian regulations, buses must carry relevant documents, fitted with a third brake light at the rear, and attached with Malaysian stickers dictating legal speed limit.
- 2004 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2018 under the Bukit Timah Bus Package.
- 2004 (05 Sep): Introduced by SBST to ply between Jurong East interchange and Kota Raya II terminal.
- 2014 (Apr): Full fleet renewal of Scania K230UBs replacing Volvo B10M MkIV DM3500s
- 2014 (01 Nov): Amended to loop at Jalan Tun Abdul Razak due to the permanent closure of Kotaraya II Terminal
- 2015 (01 Mar): Amended to loop at JB Sentral Terminal, skipping bus stop along Jalan Tun Abdul Razak.
- 2016 (11 Dec): Serves new Bus Stop 43991, Opp Blk 635A, along Woodlands Road
- 2017 (23 Apr): Calls at relocated bus stop 43453 Aft PIE along Bukit Batok Rd
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.
External Links & References: