SBS Transit Bus Service 160 is a cross-border service plying between Jurong East Bus Interchange and JB Sentral Bus Terminal in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, via the Causeway. The route passes through Bukit Batok Road, Phoenix LRT Station, Woodlands Road, Kranji MRT Station, Woodlands CIQ and Sultan Iskandar CIQ.
Bus Service 160 will be affected by the Removal and Relocation of Bus Stops along Woodlands Road from 28 May 2017.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 160: Jurong East ↺ JB Sentral
|From Jurong East
||Looping at JB Sentral
- ORANGE denotes roads in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- From 2300hrs onwards, buses leaving Jurong East Temp Int will terminate at Jln Jim Quee – JB Sentral Bus Ter.
||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ JB Sentral Bus Terminal (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Bukit Batok Rd, Phoenix, Woodlands Rd, Kranji MRT, Woodlands CIQ, Sultan Iskandar CIQ|
|Route Length||48.4 km|
|Travelling Time||200 mins (Full Loop, Subject to traffic conditions)|
|BCM Route Package||Bukit Merah Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)|
|Current Flee||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Jurong East
||0510 – 2259 (Daily | Full Loop)
2300 – 0000 (Daily | Terminating at JB Sentral)
|Departure Times from JB Sentral
||0642 – 0009 (Weekdays)
0636 – 0009 (Saturdays)
0641 – 0013 (Sundays / Public Holidays)
** Subject to Traffic Conditions
|0630-0830: 12 – 16 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 17 mins
1700-1900: 19 – 19 mins
After 1900: 15 – 20 mins
** Subject to Traffic Conditions
Bus Service 160 is a cross-border route connecting Jurong East, Bukit Panjang and Kranji MRT to JB Sentral via the Causeway. The route plies long stretches of Bukit Batok Road and Woodlands Road, providing fast connections between the residential towns of Jurong East, Bukit Panjang and Woodlands Centre.
Due to varying traffic conditions at the Causeway, travel times and waiting times may increase significantly when jams occur. This bus service occasionally diverts via Woodlands Ave 3 / Woodlands Centre Road towards Johor Bahru when Woodlands Road is severely congested.
From 2300hrs onwards, buses leaving Jurong East Interchange will terminate at JB Sentral Bus Terminal along Jln Jim Quee.
At each checkpoint, passengers have to alight and clear customs before boarding the bus again. When crossing the causeway between Woodlands Checkpoint and Johore Bahru Checkpoint in either direction, commuters may board any SBS Transit bus (either 160, 170 or 170X). However, when leaving from a checkpoint, commuters must re-board Service 160 after clearing customs if they wish to continue their journey and not constitute a transfer.
Tapping out from the bus at a checkpoint will suspend a journey and allow the resumption of a journey afterwards. Cash paying passengers should retain their ticket as proof or payment, and produce it when re-boarding buses at checkpoints.
MRT/LRT Stations Served:
- Johor Bahru (Johor Bahru Checkpoint) → Jurong East
Weekdays: 0535hrs, 0550hrs, 0605hrs, 0620hrs, 0635hrs, 0650hrs
Saturdays: 0550hrs, 0603hrs, 0616hrs, 0629hrs, 0642hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0550hrs, 0604hrs, 0618hrs, 0632hrs, 0646hrs
- W’lands Crossing (W’lands Checkpt) → Jurong East
Fleet: Service 160′s fleet comprises of a full fleet of SPAD-registered Scania K230UBs.
Buses deployed on cross-border routes must be registered with the Suruhanjaya Pengangkutan Awam Darat (SPAD), also known as the Land Public Transport Commission (Malaysia).
Currently, only some Scania K230UBs are SPAD-registered. In accordance with Malaysian regulations, buses must carry relevant documents, be fitted with a third brake light at the rear, and attached with Malaysian stickers dictating the legal speed limit.
- 2004 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2018 under the Bukit Merah Bus Package.
- 2004 (05 Sep): Introduced by SBS Transit between Jurong East and Kotaraya II terminal.
- 2014 (Apr): Full fleet renewal of Scania K230UBs replacing Volvo B10M MkIV DM3500s
- 2014 (01 Nov): Amended to loop at Jalan Tun Abdul Razak due to the permanent closure of Kotaraya II Terminal
- 2015 (01 Mar): Amended to loop at JB Sentral Terminal, skipping bus stop along Jalan Tun Abdul Razak.
- 2016 (11 Dec): Serves new Bus Stop 43991, Opp Blk 635A, along Woodlands Road
- 2017 (23 Apr): Calls at relocated bus stop 43453 Aft PIE along Bukit Batok Rd
- 2017 (28 May): Calls at relocated bus stop 47071 Bef Mandai Rd and no longer calls at bus stop 45081 Opp Mandai Rd along Woodlands Rd.
- 2017 (21 Aug): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.
External Links & References: