SBS Transit Bus Service 32 is a trunk service plying between Bedok and Buona Vista, passing through East Coast, Old Airport, Bugis, River Valley and Margaret Drive.
|Bus Service 32: Bedok ↔ Buona Vista
Towards Buona Vista
- No boarding and alighting at Buona Vista Ter
||Bedok Bus Interchange ↔ Buona Vista Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Frankel Ave, East Coast, Old Airport, Bugis, River Valley, Tiong Barhu, Margaret Drive|
|Route Length||22.9 km (D1) | 23.2 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||90 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Clementi Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
Ayer Rajah Bus Park (ARBP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
– Volvo B10M Mark IV
|Departure Times from Bedok||0530hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Buona Vista
||0600hrs – 0000hrs (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630 – 0830: 10 – 17 mins
0831 – 1659: 10 – 18 mins
1700 – 1900: 14 – 18 mins
After 1900: 15 – 17 mins
|0630 – 0830: 12 – 14 mins
0831 – 1659: 09 – 20 mins
1700 – 1900: 12 – 13 mins
After 1900: 15 – 19 mins
Service 32 is a trunk route spanning from East to West, supplementing various residential areas of the island. From Bedok, the route passes through Frankel Avenue, East Coast, Tanjong Katong, Old Airport, Kallang, Bugis and River Valley, continuing west to Redhill, Margaret Drive and Holland Village. Serving low-density private housing estates, it is a supplementary route between its many areas of service, with average frequencies over 15 minutes during off-peak hours.
As the only route serving the full stretch of Frankel Avenue, this service is a helpful connection towards nearby MRT stations and the City. Also, it serves the full stretch of River Valley Road with the East, where bus connections there are limited since most East-West routes pass through the CBD, Chinatown or Orchard Road.
The route encounters low to medium demand throughout the day as a supplementary route, and as such, operates a full fleet of single-deck buses.
No boarding and alighting is allowed at Buona Vista Ter.
MRT Stations Served:
- EW5 Bedok
- CC8 Dakota
- CC7 Mountbatten
- EW10 Kallang
- EW11 Lavender
- EW12DT14 Bugis
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- DT20 Fort Canning
- EW18 Redhill
- EW20 Commonwealth
- EW21CC22 Buona Vista
- 1970s – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Clementi Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced as part of the 1971 Bus Reorganization, ran between Kampong Chai Chee and Mei Chin Rd under Associated Bus Services Ltd
- 1973: Operated by Singapore Bus Services (SBS)
- 1979 (07 May): Extended to Bedok Int
- 1979 (??): Shortened to loop at Upper Cross St following closure of Mei Chin Rd Terminal.
- 1988: Extended to Buona Vista Ter.
- 1992: Amended to ply Redhill MRT Station (Tiong Bahru Rd)
- 2005 (26 Jun): Amended to Sims Way between Kallang and Guillemard Rd, skipping Mountbatten Rd due to road realignment works in the area
- 2006 (19 Mar) to 2008 (28 Dec): Diverted via Cassia Link, Guillemard Rd and Guillemard Camp Rd in both directions due to the construction of Dakota MRT Station.
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2012 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2016 (06 Mar): Amended to Kay Siang Rd and Tanglin Rd, skipping part of Margaret Dr due to road closure
- Refer to this article
- 2016: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2016.