Go-Ahead Bus Service 34 is a trunk route running from Punggol and looping at Changi Airport, going via Tampines. It has an express sector between Punggol Road and Tampines Ave 10, and between Tampines Ave 7 and Changi Airport along the Tampines Expressway (TPE).
Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd (Go Ahead Singapore) took over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit from 4 September 2016 under the Loyang Bus Package.
|Route||Punggol Bus Interchange ↺ Changi Airport PTB2 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||TPE, Tampines Ave 10 / 5 / 2 / 7|
|GCM Route Package
||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Single-Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Punggol
||0530 – 2345 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Airport PTB2||0605 – 0038 (Weekdays)
0617 – 0043 (Saturdays)
0618 – 0041 (Sundays/PHs)
|0530-0830: 09 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 15 mins
1700-1900: 12 – 14 mins
After 1900: 11 – 14 mins
Service 34 is an inter-town route serving between Punggol, Tampines and Changi Airport. As the only route spanning Tampines East and West (excluding Townlinks) and few duplicating routes, this service is also important route for travelling within the estate. From Tampines Central, Service 27 serves as a much faster alternative to Changi Airport by skipping Tampines East.
With strong demand between Punggol and Tampines Central, Service 34A plies the sector during the morning peak hours and empty buses are added to the route from Tampines Central towards Punggol during evening peak hours.
Changi Airport Passenger Terminal Buildings (PTBs) 1, 2 and 3 have their bus stops integrated into their basement levels, which also serves as a cargo loading and unloading bay. Security checks for any unattended or suspicious articles are carried out before a bus enters each Airport PTB. Changi Aiport PTB2 has a small office run by Go-Ahead (from 18 Sep 2016) staff, where drivers can take a short toilet break.
For security reasons, all buses entering the basement have to be recorded. As such, public transport operators update Changi Airport on the buses they will be deploying on their airport routes, on a daily basis. Because of height restrictions, double-decker buses are unable to enter Changi Airport basement.
Occasionally when Changi Airport basement is closed, buses will be diverted to to T1/T2/T3 Departure Drive where a temporary bus stop will be set up.
- Tampines Ave 10 (Aft TPE) → Changi Airport → Punggol Int
Weekdays: 0525hrs, 0534hrs
- Airport Blvd → Changi Airport → Punggol Int
- Tampines Avenue 5 (Tampines Stadium) → Punggol Int
Weekdays PM Peak hours
- Service 34A: Punggol Int → Tampines Avenue 5 (Opp Tampines Stadium)
Weekdays except Public Holidays, 0546hrs – 1002hrs. Frequency: 18 – 44 mins
|Loop Service (via PTB2 Basement)|
MRT Stations served by this bus service:
Gallery: (SBS Transit)
- 31 Jul 2005 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2005 (31 Jul): Introduced between Punggol Temp Int & Changi Airport PTB1 & 2.
- 2007 (11 Nov): Amended to serve Changi Airport PTB3
- 2009 (20 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (09 Jan): Converted to loop service
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (24 Aug): Calls at Tampines Expressway (Punggol Road) Bus Interchange
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- Refer to this article
- 2005: No significant route changes since 2005 introduction.
External Links & References: