SMRT Feeder Service 901 is a Feeder service operating from Woodlands Temporary Interchange and looping at Woodlands Avenue 6, passing through Woodlands Avenue 1 and Woodlands Drive 16.
|Bus Service 901: Woodlands ↺ Woodlands Ave 6
|From Woodlands Temp Bus Int
||Looping at Woodlands Ave 6
||Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Woodlands Avenue 6 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Woodlands Ave 1, Dr 16|
|Route Length||6.1 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Woodlands Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– MAN NL323F
– MAN Lion’s City LE Concept Bus
18-metre Articulated Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
|Departure Times from Woodlands
||0530 – 0100 (Weekdays & Saturdays)
0545 – 0100 (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|0630-0830: 03 – 04 mins
0831-1659: 04 – 05 mins
1700-1900: 04 – 05 mins
After 1900: 04 – 10 mins
Feeder Service 901 serves residential blocks, schools and public amenities along Woodlands Ave 2, Woodlands Ave 1, Woodlands Ave 6 and Woodlands Dr 16, connecting them to transport nodes at Woodlands Regional Centre, namely Woodlands Regional Bus Interchange & Woodlands MRT Station. Its primary area of service is Woodlands Neighbourhood 5.
The route serves schools such as Christ Church Secondary School, Woodgrove Primary School and Woodgrove Secondary School. It also serves community amenities such as ACE the Place Community Centre (CC), Covenant Evangelical Free Church (Woodlands) and Vista Point. High capacity articulated buses are deployed on a daily basis due to high demand for residents, schools and public amenities alike.
During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings will be extended to complement the extension of train operating hours.
MRT Station Served:
- NS9 Woodlands
- 1999 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Woodlands Bus Package.
- 1999: Introduced as Woodlands Regional Int – Woodlands Drive 16 (Loop)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (03 Feb): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- 2015 (11 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (12 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Temp Int
External Links & References: