SMRT Express Service 951E is an AM/PM-Peak Express service between Woodlands Street 82 and Shenton Way, passing through SLE, CTE, Dhoby Ghaut and Bras Basah. The route operates six City-bound trips in the mornings and two Woodlands-bound trips in the evenings, and is the twelfth bus service introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
Bus Service 951E is wheelchair-accessible from 17 Sep 2017
Route Details (Click to expand)
Towards CBD / Shenton Way
||[AM]: Woodlands Street 82 (Blk 875) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Building)
[PM]: Anson Road (Hub Synergy Point) → Woodlands Street 82 (Blk 816)
|Passes Through||Woodlands Ave 4, Woodlands Ave 5, SLE, CTE, Orchard, Bras Basah|
|Route Length||29.1km (D1) | 29.6km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||69 – 74 mins (AM Peak) | 76 mins (PM Peak)|
|BCM Route Package||Woodlands Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Park (WPDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from Woodlands St 82
||0715 – 0750 (Weekdays, 6 trips)|
|Departure Times from Anson Rd
||1815 – 1830 (Weekdays | 2 trips)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|AM Peak: 06 – 08 mins||PM Peak: 15 mins|
Express Bus Service 951E provides residents of Woodlands with greater connectivity to Dhoby Ghaut and Shenton Way. By running parallel to the existing North-South Line (NSL), the service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and existing feeder buses to and from work in the Central areas. The route incorporates a long express sector between Woodlands Avenue 1 and Dhoby Ghaut via Woodlands Avenue 12, Seletar Expressway (SLE) and Central Expressway (CTE), significantly improving journey time for commuters.
This is the twelfth bus service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
Operating during weekday peak hours only, Service 951E encounters very high demand on a daily basis, with buses often encountering full loading. Morning departures were gradually increased from 2 trips to 6 trips, with double-deck buses operating on a regular basis.
Apart from Express 951E, Premium 587 also offers connections from parts of Woodlands to Shenton Way, while covering more of Orchard Road but charges higher Premium fares, as compared to distance-based express fares.
2015 Route Amendment
With the launch of City Direct Service 665 on 12 Oct 2015, Service 951E was amended to ply Woodlands Ave 5 instead of Ave 1. The skipped bus stops along Woodlands Ave 4 & Ave 1 was replaced with City Direct 665, which duplicates 951E in the City.
- From Blk 875, Woodlands Street 82: 0715hrs, 0723hrs, 0730hrs, 0736hrs, 0743hrs, 0750hrs
- From Hub Synergy Point, Anson Rd: 1815hrs, 1830hrs
MRT Stations Served:
Fleet: See Above
- 2013 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Woodlands Bus Package.
- 2013 (17 Jun): Introduced as a bidirectional AM/PM-Peak hour service from Woodlands St 82 to Shenton Way under the BSEP. Operates two trips on weekday mornings at 7:30am and 7:45am, and weekday evenings at 6:15pm and 6:30pm. Charges Express fares under the Distance-Based Fare scheme.
- 2013 (12 Aug): Introduction of 3rd AM Peak departure
- 2013 (14 Oct): Introduction of 4th AM Peak departure
- 2014 (13 Jan): Introduction of 5th AM Peak departure
- 2014 (14 Apr): Introduction of 6th AM Peak departure
- 2014 (15 Sep): Alexander Dennis Enviro500 double-deck buses deployed
- 2015 (12 Oct): Amended to ply Woodlands Ave 5, skipping part of Ave 4 & Ave 1 due to duplication with City Direct 665
- 2017 (17 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
[AM] Woodlands St 82, Ave 4, Ave 1, Ave 12, SLE, CTE, Buyong Rd, Orchard Rd, Bras Basah Rd, Nicoll Highway, Collyer Quay, Raffles Quay, Shenton Way
[PM] Anson Rd, Robinson Rd, Fullerton Rd, Esplanade Dr, Stamford Rd, Orchard Rd, Penang Rd, Buyong Rd, CTE, SLE, Woodlands Ave 12, Ave 1, Ave 4, St 82
- 2015: No significant route changes since 2015
History of AM Peak departure Timings:
|Date||AM Peak||Departure timings from Woodlands Street 82|
|17 Jun 2013||2 trips||7:30am and 7:45am|
|12 Aug 2013||3 trips||7:25am, 7:35am and 7:45am|
|14 Oct 2013||4 trips||7:15am, 7:25am, 7:35am and 7:45am|
|13 Jan 2014||5 trips||7:15am, 7:25am, 7:35am, 7:42am and 7:50am|
|14 Apr 2014||6 trips||7:15am, 7:23am, 7:30am, 7:36am, 7:43am and 7:50am|
External Links & References: