SBS Transit Bus Service 107 is a trunk service plying between Hougang Central Int and Shenton Way Ter, passing through Upper Serangoon Road, Kallang Bahru, Beach Road, Fullerton and Shenton Way.
On weekday nights, Saturday afternoons/evenings and Sundays & Public Holidays, it is numbered as Service 107M and loops at Raffles Boulevard.
||Hougang Central Bus Interchange ↔ Shenton Way Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Upper Serangoon Road, Kallang Bahru, Beach Road, Fullerton Road, Shenton Way|
|Route Length||14.8 km (D1) | 16.6 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||65 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Hougang Central
||0530 – 1930 (Weekdays)
0530 – 1330 (Saturdays)
|Departure Times from Shenton Way
||0545 – 1930 (Weekdays)
0545 – 1400 (Saturdays)
|0630 – 0830: 07 – 10 mins
0831 – 1659: 09 – 17 mins
1700 – 1900: 09 – 17 mins
After 1900: 17 mins
|0630 – 0830: 13 – 15 mins
0831 – 1659: 09 – 16 mins
1700 – 1900: 09 – 10 mins
After 1900: 09 – 10 mins
Service 107 connects the residential towns of Hougang, Serangoon and Geylang Bahru to Beach Road and Shenton Way, duplicating the North-East Line between Hougang and Potong Pasir, and operates on weekdays (until evening) and Saturday mornings. On weekday nights, Saturday afternoons & evenings, and Sundays & Public Holidays, its route variant Service 107M will operate, looping at Raffles Boulevard and skipping Fullerton / Shenton Way.
Due to limited inter-town demand partially due to rail duplication, demand remains moderate throughout most of the day.
MRT Stations Served
- EW11 Lavender
- EW14NS26 Raffles Place
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- NE10 Potong Pasir
- NE11 Woodleigh
- NE12CC13 Serangoon
- NE13 Kovan
- NE14 Hougang
- CC3 Esplanade
- DT23 Bendemeer
- DT24 Geylang Bahru
- Service 107M: Hougang Central ↺ Raffles Boulevard (Loop)
1950 – 2315 (Weekdays)
1343 – 2315 (Saturdays)
0545 – 2315 (Sundays & Public Holidays)
Fare: Charges basic distance fares for trunk services. See Bus Fares.
- 1970s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package.
- 1978: Introduced by SBS between Serangoon Gardens and Shenton Way
- 1983: Amended to serve Lor Chuan, skipping CTE
- 1988 (13 Mar): Amended to Serangoon Int, and also amended to serve Kallang Basin and Marina Centre
- ???: Amended to ply Jln Sultan in the direction of Shenton Way
- 1997 (Mar): Route variant 107X introduced to loop at Marina Centre, operating on Weekdays & Sat nights, and on Sundays/PHs for the whole day.
- 2001 Operation hours of Service 107X on Saturdays brought forward to 1.30pm
- 2003 (04 May): Amended to ply Geylang Bahru, Bendemeer Rd and Whampoa East instead of Jln Kolam Ayer
- 2003 (30 Nov): Extended to Hougang Central Interchange, under Phase 3 of NEL Rationalisation
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 107# Renaming To Service 107M (no route amendment)
- 2015 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (01 May): Amended to Esplanade Dr instead of St Andrews Rd (Main Article)
- 2017 (25 Jun): Service 107 Amended to relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal
- Refer to this article
- 2016: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2016.