SBS Transit Service 162M is a trunk service plying from Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange and looping at Temasek Avenue, passing through Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Sin Ming, Thomson, Newton, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, City Hall and Suntec City. It is a route variant of Bus Service 162, and only operates during weekday nights, Saturday evenings and Sundays / Public Holidays.
Bus Service 162M is affected by Temporary Merging of Bus Stops 51031 & 51041 along Thomson Road from 8 November 2020.
|Route||Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Temasek Avenue (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, Bishan St 22, Sin Ming Ave, Upp Thomson Rd, Thomson Rd, Orchard Rd / Orchard Turn, Bras Basah Rd / Stamford Rd|
|Route Length||39.0 km|
|Traveling Time||150 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– BYD K9
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Yio Chu Kang
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|18:15 – 23:30||13:15 – 23:30||06:00 – 23:30|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Mondays – Thursdays||N.A.||N.A.||14 mins||12 – 15 mins|
|Fridays||N.A.||N.A.||13 mins||12 – 14 mins|
|Saturdays||N.A.||15 mins||15 mins||15 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||10 – 13 mins||12 – 15 mins||14 – 15 mins||14 – 15 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 162M connects the residential towns of Ang Mo Kio, Bishan and Thomson to the Central districts of Orchard Road, Bras Basah and Suntec City. It operates during weekday nights, Saturday afternoons & evenings, and Sundays & Public Holidays.
At other times, its parent service Service 162 will operate up to Shenton Way Bus Terminal.
MRT Stations Served
- NS15 Yio Chu Kang
- CC17 Caldecott
- NS20 Novena
- NS21–DT11 Newton
- NS22 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- CC2 Bras Basah
- DT21 Bencoolen
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
- Thomson Rd (MacRitchie Reservoir) → Yio Chu Kang Int
Sundays / Public Holidays: 06:00, 06:14, 06:28, 06:42, 06:56 & 07:09
- Service 162: Yio Chu Kang ↔ Shenton Way
Weekdays & Saturdays, except Public Holidays
- 25 Feb 2001 – 31 Oct 2001 : Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 01 Nov 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 2001 (25 Feb): Introduced between Yio Chu Kang Ter and Temasek Ave (Loop) as an alternate route of Service 162, operating during off peak periods on weekdays and Saturdays and throughout the day on Sundays and Public Holidays, numbered as Service 162X.
- 2001 (16 Dec): Converted to trunk service, serving all bus stops along Bishan Rd and Upp Thomson Rd
- 2002 (07 Jul): Skips the bus stop outside Orchard Emerald along Orchard R
- 2005 (02 Jul): Amended to ply Grange Rd and Orchard Link with the partial closure of Somerset Rd
- 2006 (29 Oct): Serves relocated bus stop outside Orchard Stn along Orchard Turn
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 162X renumbered to Service 162M with no route changes.
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (11 Mar): Start of operations under Seletar Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- 2020 (08 Nov): Bus Stop 51041 temporarily merged with Bus Stop 51031 along Thomson Road to facilitate construction of North-South Corridor