SBS Transit Nite Owl 5N is a unidirectional overnight route running from Marina Centre to Jurong West, passing through City Hall, Clarke Quay, Zion Road, Orchard Road, Farrer Road, Clementi, Jurong East and Jurong West. It is one of six Nite Owl routes operated by SBS Transit.
Nite Owl Services will remain suspended until further notice, starting from 8 April 2020.
- Different fares apply within HDB towns and between HDB towns.
- No Boarding at Marina Centre Terminal.
|Route||Marina Centre Bus Terminal → Jurong West Street 92 (Blk 924)|
|Passes Through||City Hall, Clarke Quay, Zion Road, Orchard Road, Farrer Road, Clementi, Jurong East, Jurong West|
|Route Length||38.6 km|
|Traveling Time||91 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Clementi Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Marina Centre
||Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays|
|00:00 – 02:00|
|From Marina Centre||40 mins|
|Fare||Flat Fare. Transfer benefits from distance fares & monthly concession passes are not applicable.|
|Cash / Card Fares
||Adult, PWD, WTCS||Senior Citizen||Student||Child (card)|
|Between City and HDB town /
Between HDB towns
|Within HDB Town||$1.75||$1.25||$0.85||Free|
|Note||PWD – Persons with Disabilities
WTCS – WorkFare Transport Concession Scheme cardholders
Nite Owl 5N connects the city areas of Marina Centre, City Hall, River Valley and Orchard with Farrer Road and the estates of Clementi, Jurong East and Jurong West. This service only operates on Fridays, Saturdays, eves of Public Holidays, with four trips on regular operating days.
The route has an express sector along Bukit Timah Rd (Little India Stn Exit A) to Farrer Road. It also does not call at selected bus stops along Holland Rd, Ulu Pandan Rd, Commonwealth Ave West and Boon Lay Way.
During festive periods such as Christmas Eve or New Years’ Eve, operating hours are extended to 4am to cater for late-night dwellers.
MRT Stations Served:
- NS25EW13 City Hall
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- DT20 Fort Canning
- NS22 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- NE7DT12 Little India
- CC20 Farrer Road
- EW23 Clementi
- EW27 Boon Lay
- From Marina Centre Terminal (Fridays, Saturdays & Eve of Public Holidays):
00:00, 00:40, 01:20 & 02:00
|From (Bus Stop)||To (Bus Stop)||Fare Segment|
|02099 – Raffles Blvd (Marina Ctr Ter)||40011 – Bukit Timah Rd (Little India Stn Exit A)||City|
|41119 – Farrer Road (Opp Lutheran Twrs)||11261 – Holland Rd (Holland Village)||HDB Town 1 (Farrer Road)|
|17249 – Clementi Ave 2 (Blk 355)||20101 – C’Wealth Ave West (Nan Hua Pr Sch)||HDB Town 2 (Clementi)|
|28311 – Jurong East Ctrl (Blk 209)||28531 – Jurong West Ave 1 (Blk 536)||HDB Town 3 (Jurong East)|
|21249 – Boon Lay Ave (Blk 213)||27159 – Jurong West St 92 (Blk 924)||HDB Town 4 (Boon Lay)|
- 2006 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Clementi Bus Package.
- 2006 (22 Dec): Introduced between Marina Ctr Ter and Jurong West St 42 (Bet Blks 415/416) as an one-directional night service on Fridays, Saturdays and eves of public holidays, replacing Nite Owl Service 174M.
- 2008 (31 Oct): Integrated with Nite Owl Service 8N and extended to terminate at Jurong West St 92 (Blk 924), skipping Jurong West St 41, Jurong West St 52 and Jurong West St 42.
- 2009 (10 Jul): Amended to skip Jurong East St 13 with the closure of Jurong East St 12 to facilitate the Jurong East Modification Project (JEMP).
- 2016 (28 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (02 Jun): Suspended until further notice