SBS Transit Bus Service 852 is a trunk route linking Yishun Interchange and Bukit Batok Interchange, passing through Lentor, Ang Mo Kio, Marymount, Lornie Highway, Bukit Timah and Bukit Batok East.
Bus Service 852 serves the new Yishun Integrated Transport Hub from 8 September 2019.
||Yishun Bus Interchange ↔ Bukit Batok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, Lornie Highway, Bt Timah Rd, Bt Batok East Ave 3|
|Route Length||23.3 km (D1) | 23.4 km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||65 – 79 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Yishun
||0520hrs – 2330hrs (Weekdays & Saturdays)
0530hrs – 2330hrs (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Departure Times from Bukit Batok
||0540hrs – 2345hrs (Weekdays & Saturdays)
0600hrs – 2345hrs (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 11 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 14 mins
1700-1900: 11 – 14 mins
After 1900: 13 – 14 mins
|0630-0830: 14 mins
0831-1659: 11 – 13 mins
1700-1900: 11 – 13 mins
After 1900: 12 – 14 mins
Service 852 is a trunk route linking Bukit Batok, Bukit Timah, Marymount, Ang Mo Kio and Yishun. By largely duplicating existing bus services but with less catchment areas, Service 852 fulfills a supplementary role by providing more travel options for commuters. Demand is generally moderate to low during off-peak hours, and buses operate at low frequencies, but the route continues to benefit residents and students along the Bukit Timah academic belt with connections to outlying housing estates.
The route shares its Bukit Batok – Bukit Timah connection with Service 157 and 174, and its Bukit Timah – Ang Mo Kio connection with Service 74, but does not serve Ang Mo Kio MRT station (and hence taking on less demand). It also shares long duplicating sectors with Service 851 and 853/853M between Yishun – Marymount and Yishun – Ang Mo Kio respectively.
Introduced in 1985 as Yishun Int – Jurong Int, the route was shortened to Boon Lay Int in 1990 and finally shortened to Bukit Batok Int in its present form in 1996, after the opening of the Woodlands MRT extension.
MRT Stations Served
- NS13 Yishun
- NS14 Khatib
- NS15 Yio Chu Kang
- CC16 Marymount
- DT8 Tan Kah Kee
- DT7 Sixth Avenue
- DT6 King Albert Park
- DT5 Beauty World
- NS2 Bukit Batok
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
Gallery (SBS Transit):
- 1985 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – 24 Mar 2018: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 25 Mar 2018 onwards: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1985 (08 Dec): Introduced by TIBS between Yishun Int and Jurong Int
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int with the closure of Jurong Int
- 1996 (10 Mar): Shortened to Bukit Batok Int after the opening of Woodlands MRT extension.
- 2012 (29 Apr): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int
- 2018 (25 Mar): Operations transferred to SBS Transit as part of the Seletar Bus Package
- 2018 (28 Oct): Amended to ply Lornie Highway (Southbound)
- 2019 (23 Jun): Amended to ply Lornie Highway (Northbound)
- 2019 (08 Sep): Amended to Yishun Integrated Transport Hub
- Refer to this article
- 2019: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2019.
More pictures (SMRT Buses) on Page 2