Exercise Station Guard (December 2019)
December 9 @ 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM UTC+8
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) & SMRT will be conducting security screening at the North South Line’s NS16 Ang Mo Kio Station on Monday, 9 December 2019 from 10am to 4pm as part of the national SGSecure movement to strengthen security in public places.
During the exercise, commuters accessing Ang Mo Kio Station will undergo security screening near Exit D before they enter the station. Some commuters may be asked to go through a walk-through metal detector, and pass their belongings through X-ray scanners.
In addition, two robots (OB1FORC3 and K3NOBI), developed by Oneberry Technologies, will also be deployed to help detect suspicious personnel and unattended items.
Previous Exercise Station Guards
- 4 Feb 2018 – Newton MRT Station
- 29 July 2018 – Holland Village MRT Station
- 5 December 2018 – Hougang MRT Station
- 5 April 2019 – Jurong East MRT Station
- 2 August 2019 – HarbourFront MRT Station