Revised Operating Hours along the entire Bukit Panjang Light Rail Transit Line (BPLRT) will take place from Sunday, 13 January 2019 to enable SMRT to intensify and accelerate maintenance and system renewal works. Train services will be adjusted to end earlier at 11:30pm.
The adjustment for more engineering hours is part of the Bukit Panjang LRT Overhaul in which the contract was awarded to Bombardier in March 2018.
Cessation of Service C & Closure of Ten Mile Junction Station
During the initial announcement in March 2018, Service C, along with Ten Mile Junction station, was estimated to cease operations permanently from the fourth quarter of 2018. However, the announcement in late December 2018 confirms that the station will close from Sunday, 13 January 2019. The last day of operations will be on 12 January 2019.
The vacated station space in BP14 Ten Mile Junction will thereafter be converted into a stabling and testing ground for the new C801B Trains procured as part of the Bukit Panjang LRT Overhaul.
Affected LRT Stations
|Bukit Panjang LRT Line
All Bukit Panjang LRT stations will be affected by the change in Operating Hours from 13 January 2019.
Operating Hours for Bukit Panjang LRT from 13 January 2019
|Bukit Panjang LRT – First & Last Trains from 13 Jan 2019|
|Station||First Train||Last Train|
|Platform 1||Platform 2||Platform 1||Platform 2|
|Mon – Sat||Sun / PH||Mon – Sat||Sun / PH||Daily|
|BP1 Choa Chu Kang||0513||0532||0513||0532||2330||2330|
|BP2 South View||0511||0530||0514||0533||2336||2331|
|BP3 Keat Hong||0509||0528||0516||0535||2334||2333|
|BP4 Teck Whye||0508||0527||0517||0536||2333||2334|
|BP6 Bukit Panjang||0505||0524||0459||0518||2330||2337|
- Service C to Ten Mile Junction & Ten Mile Junction Station will cease operations from 13 January 2019.
- Platform 1 Trains at South View, Keat Hong, Teck Whye, Phoenix and Bukit Panjang head towards Choa Chu Kang (Service A / B).
- Platform 2 Trains at South View, Keat Hong, Teck Whye and Phoenix head towards Bukit Panjang (Service A / B).
- Platform 2 Trains at Bukit Panjang head towards Senja (Service A) or Petir (Service B).
- Platform 1 Trains at Petir, Pending, Bangkit, Fajar, Segar, Jelapang and Senja head towards Choa Chu Kang via Bukit Panjang (Service B).
- Platform 2 Trains at Senja, Jelapang, Segar, Fajar, Bangkit, Pending and Petir head towards Choa Chu Kang via Bukit Panjang (Service A).
- The Last Service A & B from Choa Chu Kang trains terminate at Bukit Panjang via Senja and Petir respectively.
Note: SMRT Trains has subsequently revised the last train timings for the Bukit Panjang LRT Line as originally published on 12 Dec 2018. (E.g. Last Train from Choa Chu Kang revised from 2255hrs to 2330hrs)
Extended Bus Operating Hours
Services 920 & 922
The Last Bus timing for Services 920 & 922 from Bukit Panjang Interchange will be extended to 0110hrs daily from 13 January 2019.
New SMRT Short Trip Service 973A from Bukit Panjang Interchange to Pending Road (Bef Pending Stn) will be introduced from 13 January 2019, operating daily at 0030hrs, 0050hrs & 0110hrs.
Services 974 & 974A
New Tower Transit Short Trip Service 974A from Upper Bukit Timah Road (Bt Panjang Stn Exit A/LRT) to Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4 (Lot 1 Shoppers’ Mall) will be introduced from 13 January 2019, operating daily from 2338hrs to 0110hrs at frequencies of 8 – 15 minutes.
In addition, Special Departures of Service 974 from Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4 (Opp Choa Chu Kang Stn) to Upper Bukit Timah Road (Aft Bt Panjang Stn) will be operated daily from 13 January 2019, after 0002hrs to 0100hrs at frequencies of 15 – 20 minutes.
- Late Opening of Bukit Panjang LRT (November – December 2017)
- Bukit Panjang LRT – Sunday Closures (April – June 2018)
- Bukit Panjang LRT – Sunday Late Opening (July – October 2018)
External Links & References
- Joint News Release by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) & SMRT – New Operating Hours for the Bukit Panjang LRT from January 2019 as Planned Renewal Works Commence – LTA